Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't going to do this until next year, but the cards fell in my lap. I've researched this purchase to death. test drove the Tundra, Tacoma, 4-runner and the Nissan Xterra. Everything lead me back to the FJ. I knew what I wanted and both my wife and I decided we'd wait till the end of 2011. Then.... she said, go by and test drive the FJ again just to be sure.

So I stopped in and was looking at a used 2008 model. The sales guy asked me what I was looking for. I said... Black, preferrably with the off road package at the very least. He just smiled at me and said, "you're kidding, right". He had one 2010 left on the lot! Black, offroad package, the TRD brake system as well. Everything I wanted but the brush guard and the upgraded audio system.

He went over the numbers and brought back the payment figures. I just got up and headed for the door. He of course chased me down and asked where I was going. I told him that there was no way in hell I was making that payment for a 2010. After this game went on for about an hour, I came out with a payment where I wanted it and about $9,000 off of the sticker price. :clap:

Anyway.. I am a very happy owner of a 2010, shiny black FJ with 200 miles on it. I'll post pics when I take them tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Wasn't going to do this until next year, but the cards fell in my lap. I've researched this purchase to death. test drove the Tundra, Tacoma, 4-runner and the Nissan Xterra. Everything lead me back to the FJ. I knew what I wanted and both my wife and I decided we'd wait till the end of 2011. Then.... she said, go by and test drive the FJ again just to be sure.

So I stopped in and was looking at a used 2008 model. The sales guy asked me what I was looking for. I said... Black, preferrably with the off road package at the very least. He just smiled at me and said, "you're kidding, right". He had one 2010 left on the lot! Black, offroad package, the TRD brake system as well. Everything I wanted but the brush guard and the upgraded audio system.

He went over the numbers and brought back the payment figures. I just got up and headed for the door. He of course chased me down and asked where I was going. I told him that there was no way in hell I was making that payment for a 2010. After this game went on for about an hour, I came out with a payment where I wanted it and about $9,000 off of the sticker price. :clap:

Anyway.. I am a very happy owner of a 2010, shiny black FJ with 200 miles on it. I'll post pics when I take them tomorrow.
$9000 off? Wow if thats true then he sold you your trucj for less then most 2007 are selling used.

Welcome- That means the $$$ saved must be put to good use and mod the hell out of it!:lol:

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a no BS'er. They even told me that they were losing money on it and that is why I didn't get any other options added there. Actually, I took most of the savings and payed of my X-Box and gave that to my daughter today. :)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
:wave: Welcome

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
congrats on the new rig...

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Congrats and welcome!

·
Registered
460 Posts
So the sticker on this thing was about $32k? And they gave it to you for $23k? Did the salesman invite you over to his house for a round or two with his wife? Maybe his daughter? :lol:

In other news I just bought my own personal Intergallactic Space Cruiser for $16 on Craigslist. It showed up on my doorstep this morning... Can't wait to check out Mars later on this weekend!

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the FJ community!!!
Since your a vegas local check out SCWFJ and you can hook for some runs with your shiny new Toy.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Welcome

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the sticker on this thing was about $32k? And they gave it to you for $23k? Did the salesman invite you over to his house for a round or two with his wife? Maybe his daughter? :lol:

In other news I just bought my own personal Intergallactic Space Cruiser for $16 on Craigslist. It showed up on my doorstep this morning... Can't wait to check out Mars later on this weekend!
Ha ha ..Not hardly! It was 34,900 and I walked with it for 25,900. They paid off the Scion (which I kept for my daughter) so the total went back to $30,900. I am not complaining at all!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts