1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
name is mike
live in northeast ohio
doing some research before I buy.

Actually... I do have a few questions I've been wondering about.

Is one year better than another? Obviously the newer it is, the better, but I'm trying to stay around $20k. Can't afford a brand new one...

Should I be looking for a specific package?

Is there anything I should be looking out for?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome! I'm sorry, I haven't the answers for you. I have an 09' I really like it ~ but I'm not sure what you're looking for, obviously the more goodies the more expensive she'll be.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Hey and welcome to the Forum.

to answer your question, overall everything on the FJ's are the same every year up to 2010. the 2010's have a little difference in the engine and other small things.

if your wanting to stay around 20k you will have to get an 07 or 08. there weren't very many made in 08 so you will probably end up with an 07 but thats no big deal, same exact truck.

now what options to get on it is up to you depending on what you want to do to the vehicle. if you are going to keep it pretty much stock i would just get most of the package upgrades. but if you will be getting a lot of aftermarket parts such as skid plates, sliders, roof rack, etc. then i would not get those oem options on the car.

also, i highly suggest craigslist if your looking for something around 20k. it will keep the cost a lot lower. dealers have that tendency to raise the price on you.

hope this helps and good luck with your search! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey and welcome to the Forum.

to answer your question, overall everything on the FJ's are the same every year up to 2010. the 2010's have a little difference in the engine and other small things.

if your wanting to stay around 20k you will have to get an 07 or 08. there weren't very many made in 08 so you will probably end up with an 07 but thats no big deal, same exact truck.

now what options to get on it is up to you depending on what you want to do to the vehicle. if you are going to keep it pretty much stock i would just get most of the package upgrades. but if you will be getting a lot of aftermarket parts such as skid plates, sliders, roof rack, etc. then i would not get those oem options on the car.

also, i highly suggest craigslist if your looking for something around 20k. it will keep the cost a lot lower. dealers have that tendency to raise the price on you.

hope this helps and good luck with your search! :bigthumb:

awesome! thanks for the info!

just wanted to make sure... i could have sworn i saw something a while back that said something about the 08 being better than the 07 because they changed something. i don't remember what it was that changed or where I saw it...

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... lots of good stuff here to help you out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts