Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have various comparison threads for bumpers, regular lift kits, etc. How about one for everything long travel? I think there's been enough members with the various kits that can explain their specific setup for those of us who are wishfully looking at them.
If you have any version of a long travel suspension, please post:
1. Details on components (brand, travel, spring rates, tire size, etc.)
2. Travel numbers
3. Cost, component and installation if not DIY
4. Issues, difficult parts, etc. with installation
5. What you did to the rear end to help it keep up
6. Pros/cons
7. A picture showing off your sweet FJ!

Reactions: debFJVT and bazross

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,762 Posts
The sticky thread above for suspension has the long travel kits included in it.

Reactions: Devine Intervention

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sticky thread above for suspension has the long travel kits included in it.
Yeah, Hayden was pretty thorough with his list. I was hoping for the additional stuff that long travel entails that isn't as relevant to a standard lift, like the specialized components, installation procedures, etc. I know FJNewb went through a couple of different kits because he wasn't getting the advertised travel, so things like that are important for potential purchasers to know.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
There are so many variables to consider and now that more kits are offered and some are being custom made, its difficult to get what your trying to achieve. I did an entire right up on my LT and the experience I had with installation. Its in my build thread

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are so many variables to consider and now that more kits are offered and some are being custom made, its difficult to get what your trying to achieve. I did an entire right up on my LT and the experience I had with installation. Its in my build thread
That's actually why I wanted to start this thread. Because LT is anywhere from partially to totally custom, it's hard to directly compare kits using just data from kit manufacturers. I'd like to get the experiences of people like you who have done the stock to lifted to LT progression. Build thread links are welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts