Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
My name is Dan and I bought my first FJ Cruiser last week! As for the "Jeepster" reference, I bought my first Jeep Wrangler in 94 and had it for ten years, then bought an 03 Wrangler Rubicon about six years ago. After a lot of research, hand wringing, and whining, I traded that in for the FJ Cruiser hoping for more comfort and safety on the road (this will be my daily driver) without sacrificing off-road performance. So far I LOVE it!

It's a 2011, color is warm white with the convenience package, off-road package (trail tuned bilstein's, locking rear dif., A-TRAC, info display), 17" alloy wheels, bluetooth, roof rack, drop hitch, predator tube steps, and of course, the "VIP Sales Follow Up".

I didn't want the 17" wheels but out here it was the only thing available. I didn't even buy local, I went up to Lubbock 120 miles away. I'm planning on selling my 2000 Corolla and using the cash to buy a set of 16" wheels w/off-road tires that I'll use on my yearly trek through Colorado. I'm not planning any mods for now since I really just do easy and medium trails, but I'll be keeping my options open.

I'm looking forward to some great communication with what I can already see is a great forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
460 Posts
Welcome to the gang! These wheels would look great on your rig!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your new FJ!

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Welcome
It looks like you already had to do some street wheeling in the ice .
The biggest key I saw in your reason for changing, would be the on road comfort and safety
Good luck and get your readin glasses out.
thanks
Don

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome
It looks like you already had to do some street wheeling in the ice .
The biggest key I saw in your reason for changing, would be the on road comfort and safety
Good luck and get your readin glasses out.
thanks
Don
Yep, I got to use the 4wd the very first week due to the snow and ice that came through. One of the things that always made me nervous about the jeep was how poorly it handled on snow and even in the rain (of course some of that was due to the off-road tires). The FJ is a completely different story, it handled wonderfully.

·
Premium Member
16,934 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Congrats on the new ride and seeing the light. My girlfriend has a Heep JK Wrangler, and I like to drive it from time to time to remind me of how much I love the FJ!! You came to the right place, lots of great people/advice/knowledge on here.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome to the gang.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Welcome aboard....I used to live in Midland a few year back...and I'm currently in Midland right now! I don't miss this place at all! lol

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
WELCOME!:wave:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts