Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks everybody! I might have been a little permature with the pics but I've been wanting to do this for a long time. (Ever since I saw the post that Shadow Warrior had). I just had to many things to work arround and collecting parts was next. I'll try to post more pics but it's just to cold right now.

That is a shore line plug for my fridge. I can plug it in before we leave and when we get to camp. That way I plug it in the night before no matter where I am and leave it in the FJ with it locked up. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Well done.

:cheers:

-

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
volhoo, I used to live in La Habra, born and raised. :wave: Thanks most all of you inspired it. I've been lurking around for awhile- not to many posts- computers and I don't get along most of the time. :lol:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Cool Idea but it looks like it blocks your tail light pretty good.

·
fka luvshisfj
2,069 Posts
Nice Mod....I just made something similar to that....similar meaning a holder for my Jerry Cans...but It attaches to my Hitch! Awesome job though!

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks raggler. I needed to put it there so I could hall my trailer and still carry water or fuel. I found some new US made metal jerry cans nato style for fuel that match my water cans. The clamp that holds them down secures them with or without the lock. That took some time to figue out. :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks raggler. I needed to put it there so I could hall my trailer and still carry water or fuel. I found some new US made metal jerry cans nato style for fuel that match my water cans. The clamp that holds them down secures them with or without the lock. That took some time to figue out. :lol:
That looks really good. Where did you find new nato style jerry cans? I thought California's CARB requirements made them all but impossible to get. I had to go to the ends of the Internet to find the two German surplus ones I got.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks
A farm supply near me had put some out -Midlands I think- I grabed them up fast knowing that they had been banned. No one one around here wants them without the spouts which I found elsewhere. I picked up four and I told a buddy they had 2 left.

He wanted them for his garage because they don't put off fumes. If they are still there I told him if he dosen't pick them up soon I'm going to buy them also. :lol:

·
Registered
309 Posts
1 comment & 1 question

comment: love the work, if you wanna make some cash I'll buy one from you. That's exactly what I've been looking for.

question: Is that an outlet on the rear fender?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
1 comment & 1 question

comment: love the work, if you wanna make some cash I'll buy one from you. That's exactly what I've been looking for.

question: Is that an outlet on the rear fender?
Thanks.

I would love to make more but it was all made from scrap, scavenged from anything I thought I would need.

Yes- it is a plug for my fridge. :cheers:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts