Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

:rocker:

Anyone else using this intake? I'm hoping for a "seat of the pants" difference... Now to pry myself away from the computer to do the install.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Don't have the K&N but won't be much of an improvement... but you will really like the sound. What exhaust do you have?

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't have the K&N but won't be much of an improvement... but you will really like the sound. What exhaust do you have?
You're right. No seat of the pants feel, but it is LOUD!!! I have the stock exhaust now, but will be upgrading to the MBRP cat-back system soon hopefully.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I don't know why, but I was expecting to see a picture of a rash or blister.

·
Registered
135 Posts
i have it. gained about 2mpg, then lost it with the rack. lol. you'll feel a difference on the freeway when you need to cut out and around to pass. and it sounds great.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
When you jump on it, not sure if it comes from the engine or exhaust but it is louder.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
congrats on the new mod and take some pics of the install
I didn't take pics during the install, but I have photos of it installed

Another angle...

The installation instructions were incredibly simple to follow. The only thing I missed were the spacers for the mass air sensor. I was able to slip those in afterwards though.

I haven't seen any mileage change yet. It sounds awesome on WOT though...

·
Registered
135 Posts
i did a 500mile round trip and calculated around 19mpg, then did a 240 mile trip with the K&N and calculated at 21mpg. then i got the rack and did the same trip and was at 19 again. lol

·
Registered
671 Posts
The intake is in no way connected to the rear diff, t-case or transmission. There's no reason you can't have both, many people on here do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The intake is in no way connected to the rear diff, t-case or transmission. There's no reason you can't have both, many people on here do.
I think he meant does the k&n intake work with the engine bay scuba mod up front and I think the answer is no, but not exactly sure.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
This is amazing .. Sure thing I will get my FJ one once I am out of warranty ...

Congratsss!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts