Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I would like to find a general light to medium duty trailer to haul 2x's, sheets of plywood, general stuff. 12-14' long. Just wondering on brand, rough prices, mods to make it work well with the FJ.
I have always used a truck or truck with trailer before. Used larger heavy duty trailers when I needed them before. My uncle was a farmer and we always borrowed. I was going to get a roof rack, but am now thinking the trailer would be a better overall choice and probably comparable in price. Much easier to load/unload. Thanks. All advice is welcome.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an aluminum frame wood bed 5 ft x 10 ft trailer with 225X15 tires and it is great for the stuff mentioned plus lawn mowers, ATVs etc.

·
Premium Member
11,787 Posts
If you use FB at all - check out FB market place. It's amazing what you can find.

I would look for listings under snowmobile or ATV trailer, If you can a tilt deck. The tilt comes so handy all the time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the responses. I do not have FB. I am a younger holdout do to my belief that we all need a personal life that involves our close knit circle of family and friends. My achievements and my flaws do not need to be on display for others. I feel that the voyeurism that we are engaging in as a society may lead to our downfall. Hopefully not. My wife does have a Facebook account that we used to keep in touch with her friends and family in Puerto Rico before Facetime etc.
Sorry for the rant.
Have not gotten one yet. Found a couple, but not perfect. Wanting advice on best brand/size/setup for the FJ from the forum.
Would love to get one that fits with the FJ.
Thanks all.

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you want a project, you can buy a good quality general purpose utility trailer, then swap in 6-lug hubs with the correct stud pattern, buy lug nuts to match, fabricate and mount some center disks to accommodate the FJ hub-centric wheels, buy and mount oversized fenders to handle a couple of matching FJ wheels & tires, and voila, a utility trailer that rides at ~FJ height and provides 2 spare tires, and for which your FJ spare tire is a trailer spare tire. Yes, I did this and like it very much. Seems most utility trailers are set up to ride low for use with regular vehicles.

And I agree, a utlity trailer is a better alternative than a pickup truck. And I agree that Facebook is both a symptom of and a danger to our society as a whole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts