Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest somewhere to get a 2" or 3" body lift kit? I already have a leveling kit on my FJ and was looking at raising it with a body lift but have had no luck finding one on the net. Any help or suggestions would be appriciated.
Thanks Zuke.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I dont think there is a vendor that has a body lift yet.... maybe im wrong tho.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I don't know of anyone that makes one, until toledo posted something. You are going to have to extend hoses, brakes lines, all kinds of stuff.

Just my opinion, but body lifts are the most unsightly thing you can do to a vehicle. Especially a 3 inch kit. If you are really wanting a 6 inch lift, i would suggest selling your level kit, and getting the 6inch lift all together.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I agree that three inches is pretty high for a body lift. One inch body lift with 3.5 in suspension lift may be cool.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
A 2-3" BL is a little too much, plus no one makes that much of a BL for the FJ, 4crawler's biggest BL is a 1.5" lift.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I am wondering if I take off the leveling kit and do a regular say 5" lift then how do you even out the front so it does not have that "Sporty" look? or can you add say a 2" lift with the leveling kit still on there? This is all new to me and thanks in advance for your help.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. I am wondering if I take off the leveling kit and do a regular say 5" lift then how do you even out the front so it does not have that "Sporty" look? or can you add say a 2" lift with the leveling kit still on there? This is all new to me and thanks in advance for your help.
I don't know of a 5" lift. I have only seen 6" lift kits. I am pretty sure that they make the FJ close to level. They replace the front IFS brackets with new ones. TennesseeSquire has a 6". Check out his build up thread or PM him and he can give you some info on the RoughCountry 6" lift.

For most lifts, you cannot combine them. For instance, i cannot add a 2inch spacer lift to my 3inch OME lift. Well, a dumdum could try, but i wouldn't recommend it. 3"'s in the front is the maximum you should lift with out relocating the front differential. It starts to put the CV joints at bad angles if you try to go further.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts