Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be doing some long traveling this year (if the country isn't shut down of course) and I thought it would be cool to capture some of the off road and highway travel for later use.
Anyone have any suggestions?
CT

·
Premium Member
12,957 Posts
I've been running this one for the last 6ish years and it has performed flawlessly.

I may upgrade to the newer version.

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,708 Posts
Do you want loop recording for safety/evidence i.e a dash cam as per the title or do you want a camera to record your trails as per your description? There are differences in the two. A dash cam will record your trails but loop records so you’ll have to stop and save files off the card if you don’t want them overwritten. Something like. Go-Pro with moveable mount options might be better to record your adventures.

For dashcam I tun a Thinkview front and rear unit and am very happy with its performance

·
Premium Member
12,957 Posts
The Cobra posted above gives you the option to loop recordings or continues (action mode)

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for responding. It looks like I have some research to do.

CT

·
Registered
250 Posts
Not exactly sure if there is a specific dashcam that installs well/better in an FJ but, here is a good review of the top cams on the market

·
Registered
1 Posts
If it means anything, value for the money, I bought a second Viofo A129 Pro Duo for my FJ at the sale price of $200. A mix of the sensor, resolution, bit rate, and features were part of my checklist that made me decide on it. Good to know the review video showed the Viofo in the Youtuber's top 3 to compare.

I don't think you'll get a catch-all dashcam, and if you did, the price would be the first to go. Good luck in your research.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it means anything, value for the money, I bought a second Viofo A129 Pro Duo for my FJ at the sale price of $200. A mix of the sensor, resolution, bit rate, and features were part of my checklist that made me decide on it. Good to know the review video showed the Viofo in the Youtuber's top 3 to compare.

I don't think you'll get a catch-all dashcam, and if you did, the price would be the first to go. Good luck in your research.
Thanks for the great dash cam video. I agree that there is probably not any one cam that does everything great.
CT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts