Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ARB Snatch strap, but I want a very good quality non kinetic tow strap as well. I don't want to buy a yellow Walmart special. I've heard the ARB tree protectors aren't good to use as a tow strap, and the winch extensions are way too long. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have an ARB Snatch strap, but I want a very good quality non kinetic tow strap as well. I don't want to buy a yellow Walmart special. I've heard the ARB tree protectors aren't good to use as a tow strap, and the winch extensions are way too long. Any suggestions?
A chain

·
Registered
436 Posts
Ouch, chain scares me too much! Try Pro Comp. I have one of their tow straps it's a nice piece of equipment.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
uhm on the sides of semi trailers they have 4x20 straps for cargo rated at 15000 lbs breaking strength are recommended for 5000 lbs cargo pallets or what ever i bought 3 of those straps of a guy used of course for 10 bucks braided them and im about 1000% sure it will never break

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have bought several items through this site: Recovery Straps & Tow Straps Reasonable prices, very good quality, and most of their stuff is USA made.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've bought the "good" 20k lb recovery straps from napa in the past (loops not clevis ends) and they hold up great. My oldest currently in rotation dates back to '95 and I have no second thoughts about pulling it out for heavy use.

Store them out of the sun and make sure they're clean and dry before stowing and they'll last a LONG time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well we are a sponsor after all LOL...

I think I have one left until new stock arrives.

Made in CA, USA and comes with a elastic strap to keep it bound and a plastic bag for keeping it tidy, especially after using it in messy conditions its great having a bag to drop the strap into.

3" x 30' 30,000 lb

$59.50 forum price + shipping + tax if in CA

Normally we don't sell individual items but after our last sale, we are out of stock and only have a few single items left. http://stores.overlandwarehouse.com/-strse-Recovery-Gear/Categories.bok

Send me an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Well we are a sponsor after all LOL...

I think I have one left until new stock arrives.

Made in CA, USA and comes with a elastic strap to keep it bound and a plastic bag for keeping it tidy, especially after using it in messy conditions its great having a bag to drop the strap into.

3" x 30' 30,000 lb

$59.50 forum price + shipping + tax if in CA

Normally we don't sell individual items but after our last sale, we are out of stock and only have a few single items left. Results for Recovery Gear

Send me an email at [email protected]
Do you have a shorter version? I don't think the OP is looking for something that long. The same thing but shorter would probably fit the bill. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
You could get an ARB snatch strap which is the 110MM wide and the beefiest which is rated with a MBS of 15000KG. You won't get any elongation out of it because the two objects won't be heavy enough to elongate the strap.

ARB makes three versions of their orange recovery straps.

Are you just towing with the strap instead of recovery?

·
Registered
402 Posts
You could call a local rigging shop and have them make exactly what you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts