Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year I didn't really have enough time to meet with the all of vendors and discuss products, but I did see something that I needed.

One of the vendors was selling a large water proof plastic storage bin. It was part of a modular system, but I can't figure out which vendor was selling it, or the name of the product. It looked similar to a big ice chest, but had notches on top to stack more containers.

I believe the vendor was setup to the left of "Iron Man Off Road", close to all of the power cords for the tent.

I'm trying to find something to install on my home made receiver hitch cargo rack. The container I have now is not water proof, and I can't find a tarp that cover the items nicely. So the whole thing looks like crap going down the road. It works fine, but the tarp makes it a pain to get in to in a hurry..

I built the rack as a last minute solution to bring home a set of tires that someone was selling to me, but it's become more useful than expected.

Thanks,
Chuck

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think your talking about the FrontRunner Wolf Pack storage boxes. If so, I know TRDPart4U has them and I think PureFJCruiser carries them also.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think your talking about the FrontRunner Wolf Pack storage boxes.
I thought so too when I started a random internet search for waterproof storage boxes, but I cant seem to find a Wolf Pack box bigger than about 16x20. I'd like to find one 40" ~ 48" x 20" about 24" deep. I could use smaller ones, but they don't really fit our application.

With my recovery gear in my storage drawers in the back of the FJ, the ice chest, and the dog crate there is not much space left inside for luggage (if I want to see out the back window). So the box on the back rack is typically for our suit cases.

I could probably fit 4 (or 6) of the Wolf pack boxes on the rack very neatly, but i always feel weird checking into the hotel caring plastic tubs instead of regular luggage. It would be fine if we were tent camping, but the wife thinks a hotel without a breakfast is "roughing it".

I'll just keep looking for now. I was hoping that someone had some random pictures of the vendors so I could see the container I'm thinking about.

-C

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I found it..

As soon as I finished my last post, I looked back at the forum and saw that "richbradbury" had posted a link to his pictures from the event. In that collection I found that that second image was a vendor shot.. In that picture I saw this....

So a quick jump over to their site and I found the "Spacecase"

OUCH! $400 for a plastic case.

Thanks for the help.
-C

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Those Pelican cases are expensive everywhere I've looked at them. But they are tough and reliably waterproof. You'll need to perform a cost/benefit analysis.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
The latches on Pelican cases suck. They can often be a pain to open and close (can shred your fingers). A better alternative is the Hardigg Storm Case. I recommend checking out thefirestore.com for these. Basically the Peli case but improved. I use these for high end film production gear as well as recovery kit, emergency kits. Etc.

Sent from my S4. Disregard horrible spelling and bad grammar.

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
The latches on Pelican cases suck. They can often be a pain to open and close (can shred your fingers). A better alternative is the Hardigg Storm Case. I recommend checking out thefirestore.com for these. Basically the Peli case but improved. I use these for high end film production gear as well as recovery kit, emergency kits. Etc.
The Hardigg Storm cases are very common as government surplus too. :bigthumb:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/search?cmd=results&fromsearch=true&words=hardigg

·
Registered
450 Posts
The space case stuff is pretty impressive stuff, but I should learn never to look around websites, cause I might need one of these now... Not really sure why. :(

Pelican-Hardigg*472-FLD-DESK-TA*Field Desk
Nothing better than Pelican products, I use them exclusively for long distance / airline transport of my firearms. They are used by our service members overseas so they are good enough for me..... :bigthumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts