Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for suggestions on new rims to get for my 07 FJ cruiser. I live in eastern New York and the stock OEM aluminium rims are not holding up well. I grinded them down and painted them black a few years ago, but they've already started corroding with all the salt they put on the roads here. I love the look of the TRD rims, but I'd rather not pay more than ~$115 per rim. Does anyone have used rims for sale near me or have any cheapo recommendations that have held up well?

·
Premium Member
4,699 Posts
I love the look of the TRD rims, but I'd rather not pay more than ~$115 per rim.
Your cheapest option is factory take-off wheels from other Toyota trucks on Craigslist. Bolt pattern for the FJ is 6x5.5 / 6x139.7. Some 16-inch factory wheels can clear the front brakes, but you'll want to test them. All 17-inch factory wheels should fit. All Tundra, Tacoma and 4Runner wheels should have the same bolt pattern.

·
Registered
396 Posts
fwiw, (not sure of color, cost or condition)
Noticed on Albany craigslist -
c/p
Assortment of Wheels and Tires - (Clifton Park)
5) FJ Cruiser TRD 16” Alloys : Poor tires (245/75R16)
Prices vary, but we want them GONE! Motivated Sellers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Keep your eyes out for a used set of Toyota steel wheels. They pop up on the used wheel websites / craigslist / eBay on a regular basis. I picked up a set of 5 from wheels express online in 2016 for less than $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts