Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In march i will be buying a 2011 fj. I was looking around on the toyota site and saw the 2011 trail team one. All dark green with everything else blacked out and i love it! Can anyone tell me about trail team fj's? How much more expensive is it? Any interior changes? Additional info? Is there much difference from a regular FJ with a package on it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well it all depends... So there is no real definitive answer. With Toyota, what shows up at your local dealer shows up and you (generally) don't have much say in the matter. So... If for example a base TT shows up at your dealer, you should be able to get it for 30-31k. That said, if it shows up with rock rails, roof rack, air dam and lights, hitch etc it'll have a sticker of 35k+ but that's way more than it's worth. There was a 2010 TT Fully Loaded for $31,900 at my dealer in the fall. Obviously that's the fall and dealers will ask as much as they think you'll pay earlier on in the year.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
75 Posts
In march i will be buying a 2011 fj. I was looking around on the toyota site and saw the 2011 trail team one. All dark green with everything else blacked out and i love it! Can anyone tell me about trail team fj's? How much more expensive is it? Any interior changes? Additional info? Is there much difference from a regular FJ with a package on it?

Thanks!
Make sure you test drive that TT at highway speeds before you buy it or you may end up with a vehicle that has wheels/tires that can never be properly balanced. That will ruin the whole experience for you in a matter of seconds.
Just read the thread on "2010 FJ Trails Team Edition shaking at high speeds." That should put a chill up your spine. I've been lucky so far with my 2010 TT, but I did experience that problem for a while. Best wishes.
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
You can special order one. Thats what I did with mine. But in my opinion its a complete rip off. I would have rather built it up myself and save all the money wasted on TT options.

Best way to order a FJC would be a base 6 MT. IMO.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Make sure you test drive that TT at highway speeds before you buy it or you may end up with a vehicle that has wheels/tires that can never be properly balanced. That will ruin the whole experience for you in a matter of seconds.
Just read the thread on "2010 FJ Trails Team Edition shaking at high speeds." That should put a chill up your spine. I've been lucky so far with my 2010 TT, but I did experience that problem for a while. Best wishes.
:bigthumb:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain this was caused by the 2010 TT Beadlock Wheels and as they are not present on the 2011 I don't think this is an issue. On the 2011 they went back to the old TRD style wheel and ditched the beadlock. Perhaps due to the prevalence of balancing issues.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain this was caused by the 2010 TT Beadlock Wheels and as they are not present on the 2011 I don't think this is an issue. On the 2011 they went back to the old TRD style wheel and ditched the beadlock. Perhaps due to the prevalence of balancing issues.
At this time, no one knows for sure. Many suspect the stock BFG tires on the TT as other wheels have caused this problem on various FJ's and Tacomas and Tundras. Bottom line -- it's still a mystery and Toyota has not come out with an official statement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I love my TT, but as much research as I did on it prior to buying, the one thing I wish I would have done, was to forego the stock roof rack.. I have it and wish I would've got a Gobi instead... other than that I got lucky with mine, bought it at what I felt was fair, based on what other dealers were asking, and don't have the shakes... put WAY TOO MANY miles on it so far, but that's why I bought it, to drive. Wife loves mine so much she is really close to trading her little sports car in on a 2011 TT.. she loves the army green..(would've never guessed that) Good luck with your purchase..

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Hello and welcome. The TT is nice, but as mentioned maybe over priced for the extras offered. If you're going to make mods then you are more than likely better off buyting just what you want. Saves time and money taking factory off to put on what you purchased after market. With that said, blacked out Army Green is a nice combination.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I love my TT, but as much research as I did on it prior to buying, the one thing I wish I would have done, was to forego the stock roof rack.. I have it and wish I would've got a Gobi instead... other than that I got lucky with mine, bought it at what I felt was fair, based on what other dealers were asking, and don't have the shakes... put WAY TOO MANY miles on it so far, but that's why I bought it, to drive. Wife loves mine so much she is really close to trading her little sports car in on a 2011 TT.. she loves the army green..(would've never guessed that) Good luck with your purchase..
Yup --- I made sure I didn't purchase one with a roof rack and believe that was a very good decision. Most of my friends who have the rack don't like the wind noise and buffeting it creates. That said --- many others love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts