Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently looking for my first FJ. I have been aToyota only girl for awhile . I currently have a 09 Tacoma that I have babied, but my needs are changing and I just am not in love with any other SUV vehicle but the FJ. My Tacoma has been an awesome vehicle, so hoping the FJ can wow me as well. So off to hunting it is!

·
Registered
27 Posts
The only mistake I made when buying my FJ is not buying it sooner. Buy the nicest cleanest one you can afford. Happy Hunting.

·
Premium Member
16,451 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So question my FJGurus. I found 2 near me and just wanting some feedback. First I am a girl so please no bashing for the Ill informed here. Just wanting an opinion. 2010 145k miles, interior is spotless and looks well cared for. The 3rd owner has only had it 1 year, so can't tell me a lot about past maintenance. It suffered hail damage and was repaired, looks good. Wants 15K.
Next is vehicle #2 2011, 80k miles, but carfax shows a past accident, and 5 owners. Like the low miles, but..... 19k on this one. So just wanting a little help. Think I know, but a little help from my friends here would be amazing

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi Leonardf, welcome from central Ohio!

First, have you run across Jimmy-Buffett's Guide to buying or selling an FJ Cruiser?

If you are in or near the rust belt, or the FJ spent time in it; compare the undersides.
Compare the trims and options, a low priced Fj may not have a feature you'd like to have. The FJ does have 2WD and 4WD versions, priced accordingly. There are a variety of options, like the compass/temp/inclinometer on the dash, keyless entry, but maybe the biggest option value-wise to look for is the A-Trac. (It'll be a button in the console below the radio) Many options can be added later this one can't. Nice to have when off pavement, or down the road if you sell.

Regarding your two, the accident could be a little thing or a major repair. Something to determine pre-purchrase. I'm not necessarily scared off by that, though 5 owners in 8 years seems more unusual. I also wouldn't be worried about 145k miles if it has been serviced well. A pre-purchase maintenance inspection will give you some insight into that too.
Many here, my self included, have gone out of state for a good deal on a great FJ. They are in demand and the best deal may also come with cool story about going to get it. :)

Everyone of us here at some point knew nothing about FJs, so don't worry about asking questions. I'm still learning too.

Good luck getting Your FJ, you're gonna have a blast with it!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the input.the 10 has the A drive, and all the goodies. The 11 is 2wd. So appreciate the input. Will go to the article and read

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah, read that article, do your research, and like someone said, buy the nicest one you can find. This probably won't be a cheap endeavor.

GL and keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... good luck on your hunt

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well after carefully looking at the two, it is the 10. The 11 was in the Houston area during Harvey, and with 5 owners in 8 years I was to uncomfortable. Maybe a good deal, but to many concerns for me, sooo I now am the proud owner of a 2010 4x4 in black!!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Congrats on your FJ!!
The most important thing is that it's the one that appeals to you.
However, with the 2WD & Harvey info I'd have made the same call - And at the lower price, you've got $ for FJ mods. :grin

Well after carefully looking at the two, it is the 10. The 11 was in the Houston area during Harvey, and with 5 owners in 8 years I was to uncomfortable. Maybe a good deal, but to many concerns for me, sooo I now am the proud owner of a 2010 4x4 in black!!!

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Congrats! All else being equal, I would have gone with the '10 also. I think you'll be happy with your choice.

Welcome from California!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts