Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,
I'm looking to get some black wheels for my Voodoo Blue FJ and was looking for your opinion. I like the Raceline Rampage 18" wheel, which comes out in a few weeks or so, but wanted to see if you guys thought it was too "street" looking. By that I mean that they look like they belong on a sedan instead of a truck. I think they would look cool on my FJ but one of my buddies said they may be a little too "street" looking. They are listed on Raceline's website under the Truck/SUV section. What do you guys think? I plan on putting them on BFG All-terrain 275/70 R18 tires. Here is a picture of the wheel and a picture of them photo shopped onto my FJ. Since this picture was taken I've added the 2 1/2" 5100 Bilsteins to the front, 5100 Bilsteins to the rear and a 1 1/2" spacer to the rear as well. Or let me know if you have any other wheel suggestions for me.

Thanks guys,
Trev

Attachments

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I like the looks of this wheel. To me being street vs. truck has a lot to do with the tire. My opinion, which isn't worth anything, is that the wheel size is too large for the look you want. Could you get this wheel in a 16" or 17"? A little more rubber around the tire would go a long way toward making it more "truckish".

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Brian hit it on the head! More tire - less wheel(of any kind).

Jerry :cheers:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for your opinions. Unfortunately they only have this wheel in a 18" or 20". I wish they had it in a 17". I agree with more tire less wheel definitely makes it more of a truck look, but to be honest I'll be do a lot more street driving than dirt driving. I just want to make sure that if I do go with this wheel that it won't look out of place, like it belongs on a car instead of a truck. I definitely think getting the BFG All-terrain tires will make a big difference too. I hate the look of the regular tires on it. If you guys have any other input/opinions or if you've seen any nice looking black wheels please let me know. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Saw these in a magazine and thought they would look nice on a FJ.
Black Rock
I love the look of steels with circle cut outs. I think it goes good with the FJ. Circle headlights, circle mirror lights. I don't know though, that's just my opinion :rocker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts