Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought the OEM brush guard from a neighbor - it does not have any of the four supports plates , bolts, washers, or nuts. If anyone knows of someone who has extra support pieces for this brush guard, you'd be saving my butt since I'm already $275 in on the brush guard itself. I know from reading here that the parts are discontinued and it's a long shot to find them, but I'm still hopeful. I thought this bush guard had a nice clean look to it, which is why I chose it over newer aftermarket brush guards (which was a questionable move at this point). PM me or reply if you come across any of these jewels!

Sam

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
If you can find an FJ with one you might be able to use that as a reference to have the pieces fabracated. Just an idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should hit up someone
If you can find an FJ with one you might be able to use that as a reference to have the pieces fabracated. Just an idea.
I’m thinking maybe someone on here has one to sell - that way no one has to remove or fiddle with the guard? Found the part number for the hardware today - too bad it’s been discontinued for years :(.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Ask your neighbor if he wants to buy back that damage multiplier he sold you without all the required parts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You think it’s going to be that hard to hunt these down? I work in an auto group with a Toyota dealer - any insights as to how a dealer can get hands on parts like that?

Tried a local dealer and they could only say that sometimes regional dealers will have those parts (like try South, East, SE, Midwest) so it sounds like a lottery.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have a friend who may be willing to share their FJ in Seattle with an OEM brush guard? Like you said, maybe to get part measurements and self-fabricate them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping to see if anyone has come across one of these devilish things? I'm having zero luck, even inside of the Toyota dist network. Nothing. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all,

I bought the OEM brush guard from a neighbor - it does not have any of the four supports plates , bolts, washers, or nuts. If anyone knows of someone who has extra support pieces for this brush guard, you'd be saving my butt since I'm already $275 in on the brush guard itself. I know from reading here that the parts are discontinued and it's a long shot to find them, but I'm still hopeful. I thought this bush guard had a nice clean look to it, which is why I chose it over newer aftermarket brush guards (which was a questionable move at this point). PM me or reply if you come across any of these jewels!

Sam
I’ve got a brush guard and brackets for sale. Don’t need them anymore. Came of an ‘11

·
Registered
552 Posts
Still looking :(

Someone would make my year at this point if you find ‘em.
I think I may have found the parts you are looking for in my garage this past weekend. I believe they fit the OEM brush guard. I paid in the vicinity of $60 for the hardware kit new but never used it to attach the old OEM brush guard that I bought used online several years ago. I sold the guard, but still have the hardware. The below attached instructions did not come with the kit, but I downloaded them from this forum. I will compare the parts with the instructions diagram tomorrow. Maybe we can come up with a shared shipping cost since the box is a little bit heavy. I am in San Diego.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think I may have found the parts you are looking for in my garage this past weekend. I believe they fit the OEM brush guard. I paid in the vicinity of $60 for the hardware kit new but never used it to attach the old OEM brush guard that I bought used online several years ago. I sold the guard, but still have the hardware. The below attached instructions did not come with the kit, but I downloaded them from this forum. I will compare the parts with the instructions diagram tomorrow. Maybe we can come up with a shared shipping cost since the box is a little bit heavy. I am in San Diego.
Here is the Install kit picture. The passenger and driver side bumper brackets and radiator guard straps are heavy duty steel and the nuts/bolts appear to be stainless. Apparently, the kit was manufactured by “Real Wheels” to fit the OEM brush guard and That is the purpose for which I purchased it. Please message me if you want it.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
I looked up the original thread for when I sold the brush guard because the kit pieces I showed you looks a little different than the OEM instructions. I think this kit will still work. Please review the attached instructions I am about to add. Here is the link to the thread. In the post, I mention another vendor, Chuy at “GoRhino.com” who told me the Big Country Euroguard was the actual Toyota OEM brush guard:

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
MKE2SEA,

Thanks for sending the pics of your OEM Brush Guard mounting points. There is a difference between “OEM style” and actual OEM. Clearly your’s is the actual OEM model PT21235070BG with stickers still attached. Cool find, but I do not think my Real Wheels mounting kit is a direct fit. Maybe it could be modified to work, maybe not.

I have attached a pictures of the OEM
PT21235070HW “radiator support bracket” hardware kit you really need below (My kit attaches to the grill guard support tab for the front bezel instead of the radiator). The below picture is what the Toyota OEM guide I posted shows. There are older threads on here that show this part as well (Factory Toyota Brush Guard). Search “OEM Brush Guard” this forum or google “FJ Cruiser OEM brush guard” to find forum threads on the topic more easily. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
MKE2SEA,

Thanks for sending the pics of your OEM Brush Guard mounting points. There is a difference between “OEM style” and actual OEM. Clearly your’s is the actual OEM model PT21235070BG with stickers still attached. Cool find, but I do not think my Real Wheels mounting kit is a direct fit. Maybe it could be modified to work, maybe not.

I have attached a pictures of the OEM
PT21235070HW “radiator support bracket” hardware kit you really need below (My kit attaches to the grill guard support tab for the front bezel instead of the radiator). The below picture is what the Toyota OEM guide I posted shows. There are older threads on here that show this part as well (Factory Toyota Brush Guard). Search “OEM Brush Guard” this forum or google “FJ Cruiser OEM brush guard” to find forum threads on the topic more easily. Sorry I could not be of more help.
Oh but I appreciate the dive - it’s really a oddity to have this piece (and unfortunately I paid for it), so anything helps. I may have an in for a fabricator soon so we’ll see if that works.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope that this doesn’t become a recurring/boring thread trying to find these pieces - fab down in OR unfortunately is dealing with the fires right now and has everyone home. Anyone have the OEM guard mounted? Willing to pay for shop/salary time at this point for measurements.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts