Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought the OEM brush guard from a neighbor - it does not have any of the four supports plates , bolts, washers, or nuts. If anyone knows of someone who has extra support pieces for this brush guard, you'd be saving my butt since I'm already $275 in on the brush guard itself. I know from reading here that the parts are discontinued and it's a long shot to find them, but I'm still hopeful. I thought this bush guard had a nice clean look to it, which is why I chose it over newer aftermarket brush guards (which was a questionable move at this point). PM me or reply if you come across any of these jewels!

Sam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I should hit up someone
If you can find an FJ with one you might be able to use that as a reference to have the pieces fabracated. Just an idea.
I’m thinking maybe someone on here has one to sell - that way no one has to remove or fiddle with the guard? Found the part number for the hardware today - too bad it’s been discontinued for years :(.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ask your neighbor if he wants to buy back that damage multiplier he sold you without all the required parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You think it’s going to be that hard to hunt these down? I work in an auto group with a Toyota dealer - any insights as to how a dealer can get hands on parts like that?

Tried a local dealer and they could only say that sometimes regional dealers will have those parts (like try South, East, SE, Midwest) so it sounds like a lottery.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have a friend who may be willing to share their FJ in Seattle with an OEM brush guard? Like you said, maybe to get part measurements and self-fabricate them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bumping to see if anyone has come across one of these devilish things? I'm having zero luck, even inside of the Toyota dist network. Nothing. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts