Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a part. Behind the air cond controls there is a computer circuit board with 3 flat ribbon cables, 2 small and 1 larger one that connects that board to a small computer board. I need that ribbon cable, we screwed our up and as a result lost use of A/C. Pretty sure board is fine. Lights work except to let you know a/c is on or off and if pass air bag is on etc. Toyota said I have to by the whole assembly for a $10 computer ribbon ! Insane! I'm sure same piece is used on many Toyota vehicles but can't seem to locate one? Any ideas, suggestions wld be greatly appreciated.:mecry:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just a flat computer ribbon cable, cldnt cost more than $10 but Toyota won't sell it to me without one of the computer boards, total cost of around $350

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me, that thought did run through my mind, we have taken the front apart so many times we are pretty fast at it. Lol. Yes I believe salvage yard will be my best bet at this point, I just am so peeved Toyota won't sell me a damn computer ribbon!

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I think I have an extra panel somewhere in my parts shed.
Will see if it is still there and intact with parts/components. I'll let you know via PM.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
:mecry:
I think I have an extra panel somewhere in my parts shed.
Will see if it is still there and intact with parts/components. I'll let you know via PM.
NOW that is a very nice thing to do.................

you might also find someone who works on computers or a computer store that might find something that would work for you.
Jax':wave:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow NDA, that would be awesome! I've only had this truck 3 weeks and I love it and have spent all my tax money on it for this to happen. If your ever in MS I'll let you meet my dolphin friends.:clap:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I found the a/c-temp-air vent control/circuit board.

Do you need just the ribbon cables or the whole assembly?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow thats awesome! I think I only need the bigger of the 3 computer ribbons, but what would you sell the whole board for?

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
The a/c-temp-air vent control/circuit board is packed and will ship the box tomorrow via USPS prioty mail.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just want to thank the people on this community and let everyone know the great generosity of NDA431FJ. He not only sent me the ribbon cable but the whole circuit board for the front A/C, blower controls! He mailed it to my house and was here within a week of my plea for some help. I have learned quite a lot from this board and hopefully someday will be able to give back a little. Although I have only owned my FJ for less than a month, that might take me awhile. Thanks again NDA, I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Just want to thank the people on this community and let everyone know the great generosity of NDA431FJ. He not only sent me the ribbon cable but the whole circuit board for the front A/C, blower controls! He mailed it to my house and was here within a week of my plea for some help. I have learned quite a lot from this board and hopefully someday will be able to give back a little. Although I have only owned my FJ for less than a month, that might take me awhile. Thanks again NDA, I really appreciate it.
You're welcome.

Glad I can help in resolving your a/c or bolwer control issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts