Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to forums I am not sure how that works, but I'm learning. I have just purchased a used 2007 FJ Cruiser and I am looking for parts. I need a step bar, roof rack and a outside window trim I am looking for original parts, but I accept suggestions. I will also need to do some maintenance in the car and I was wondering if you recommend having those done in the Toyota dealership or any mechanic would work?

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome... check out the supporting vendors. They are a great place to start for aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada!

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'd recommend not going to the dealer for most things.

1st step, start reading up on things on the Forum. This will give you the basic knowledge you need to take on a few things yourself, but also to be versed in what you need to do for maintenance, etc, how big a job something is, etc. (lgrt above also has a great site with some great info and walk throughs in maintenance and fix items... http://www.lastgreatroadtrip.com/ )

2nd step, go here http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...oad-fj-factory-service-manual-single-pdf.html (or there are other locations) and get the repair manual downloaded. There are also specific sections of the document posted here by topic: FJ Cruiser Technical Documentation : Pure FJ Cruiser Accessories, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota FJ Cruiser

3rd step, if you aren't mechanically inclined or for those times, when you know something is beyond your limit, find a mechanic, you can trust or who has referrals, and has some familiarity with Toyotas (though a lot of items won't really need Toyota specific knowledge) and have him do some maintenance items before something breaks (so you can confirm whether this shop/mechanic is for you or not). Take the knowledge from steps 1 and 2 into any discussion with the mechanic. If he's not interested in listening to you, move on and find someone else.

·
Premium Member
970 Posts
Welcome from Georgia and what "WebSnyper" said :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts