Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 FJ Cruiser Adventure Package
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I have a black (paint code: 2KC) 2011 Fj Cruiser in need of some paint touch up work. I purchased the vehicle 4-months ago and absolutely love it! The vehicle is in fantastic mechanical condition but I do have numerous stone chips which are not aesthetically pleasing. The chips are in the following locations: on the front of the vehicle below the turn signals, on the first quarter of the hood and on both A-Pillars. I hope to have the vehicle for a long time so I would like to get these spots dealt with professionally. Ideally I would like to have an auto body paint shop fill in/sand/repair the stone chips and then blend/repaint the problem areas. I would prefer to maintain as much original paint as possible.

I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if Forum Members from Winnipeg, Manitoba would be able to provide recommendations for Auto body/Paint shops.

Note: I started by calling/emailing local Toyota Dealerships to start with but never received a response. I am now looking to expand my search.

Below are some quick photos of the current paint conditions:

Stone chips on first quarter of hood (just past the bug deflector)

Stone chips underneath the turn signal

·
Admin
8,449 Posts
If you are looking for a smaller more personal autobody shop I've done business with Mint Autobody on Niakwa.
Very nice owners.

I don't do much in the way of aesthetics on my FJ these days though.... sorry I can't help you more.

Reactions: Red_Lion

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a problem Winterpeg. I appreciate the recommendation and will give them a call this week. I am hoping to get quotes from at least three shops before I make the final decision.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up having Mint Autobody repaint the A-pillars, hood and grille surround in late August. They did a fantastic job. I would definitely use them again in the future. After letting the paint cure for a month I also recently had the newly painted areas covered in XPEL Paint Protection Film (PPF). For those curious I used Rebirth Automotive Detailing.

Administrators Please close this thread.

·
Admin
8,449 Posts
I ended up having Mint Autobody repaint the A-pillars, hood and grille surround in late August. They did a fantastic job. I would definitely use them again in the future. After letting the paint cure for a month I also recently had the newly painted areas covered in XPEL Paint Protection Film (PPF). For those curious I used Rebirth Automotive Detailing.

Administrators Please close this thread.
Awesome... I'm glad things worked out!
🍻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.