Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a set of rock rails that look like or similar to the Predator side steps but, like rock rails, actually bolt to the frame.

My wife DDs the FJ and wears skirts/high heels a lot so getting in and out is tough. She needs a step. I won't buy regular side steps or the predator bars because, although not my regular offroad rig, it might still see some time. I know the steps will be little problem offroad but I'd rather the frame take the hit than the pinch weld.

I do not like the steps that bolt onto the factory rock rails.

The best option I've found so far is this:
https://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-68-fj-cruiser-step-sliders-wrubrail.aspx

but I'm still new to the FJ world and learning vendors, etc., so I'm hoping what I want is out there.

Even that one isn't ideal, but might work.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Pm sent :)

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I'm trying to find a set of rock rails that look like or similar to the Predator side steps but, like rock rails, actually bolt to the frame.

My wife DDs the FJ and wears skirts/high heels a lot so getting in and out is tough. She needs a step. I won't buy regular side steps or the predator bars because, although not my regular offroad rig, it might still see some time. I know the steps will be little problem offroad but I'd rather the frame take the hit than the pinch weld.

I do not like the steps that bolt onto the factory rock rails.

The best option I've found so far is this:
https://www.metaltech4x4.com/p-68-fj-cruiser-step-sliders-wrubrail.aspx

but I'm still new to the FJ world and learning vendors, etc., so I'm hoping what I want is out there.

Even that one isn't ideal, but might work.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
this is the OEM rock sliders with step assist.. this will be available next week..
let me know if you're interested.. this will come with 2x rock rails for left and right side 4x removable step assist

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, going to keep looking for now but I like them.

I bought these on ebay...mostly to use as a step since they are not as strong as true rock rails. They drop a couple inches done and my wife and kids like them. Once my kids are bigger I'll switch to a true rock rail.

Black Nerf Step Bars 2007 08 09 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser - eBay (item 140523472956 end time Apr-13-11 09:59:54 PDT)
Definately want something more sturdy and tight to the body, but thanks.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I got the Bud Built rock rails, bump out style with the tread plating, love em, we can climb in (lifted FJ) and work on the RTT easily now, no more step stools.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have the Trail Gear Sliders and they are perfect! They ship with a layer of paint on them that is somewhat slippery when it gets wet, I just went to Home Depot and bought a can of Rustoleum 7220 and 3 coats later they were perfect!!!

They mount to the frame and can support the fj if necessary. They are perfect as a step as well!

IMG_0695.jpg

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I have the TGs too. The price is right. They are slippery, so I put some grip tape on the tops (in places).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts