Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey was hoping for some advice for purchasing a 2011/2010 FJ Cruiser in Alberta.
5A / Adventure's package. Ive been to a few dealerships and have been looking around locally for new and used.

Few questions I had were;
How much should I be looking to spend brand new?
Ive been quoted 39 000 for a 2010 Adventure package
Ive also been quoted 40 000 for a 2011.

And purchasing a used vech what are some things I should be looking for
in regards of wheather it was driven hard or beaten offroad.

Lastly; Whens the best "time" to buy.
ive been told at the end of the month becuase salesmen need to make there quota?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Jimmy.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello and welcome fellow Canuck!:wave: I purchased a 2010 Adventure Package 3 months ago because even though the price between the two was close it was the finance rates which sealed the deal for me. the 2010 was 2.9% for 5 years vs. 6.89% for the 2011, for very little difference in fj's. The price sounds close to what I paid before adding all the after market accessories. If you want a 2010 you can get good deals now but if you want the 2011 the best time is later in the year at least that is how it was for me.
Good luck, and post pictures when you buy!:cheers:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey Jimmy, the only advice I can give is my own experience. I bought a new 2010 for the price you quoted last year, and my experience on the price was that all the dealers are the same, deals are hard to come buy with new. I went to three dealers (not connected to eachother), thinking I could play them off eachother, or haggle at least. No way! They were all willing to let me walk out the door (2 did) rather than take down the price (and I did not finance!). I went with the closest one to where I live for convenience and the salesguy deserved the commission...

I think it is that the FJ is so AWESOME that they don't really have to lower the price :lol:

Anyhow, you will love whatever you get. I got the adventure package, and am very happy I did for the stereo and back up camera has come in handy. The tires I replaced right away. I also got rid of the running boards and put rock sliders on.

Have fun!

Kristen

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm looking at the base version @ $33,725 but I can't find any around here on any dealer lots--all they have is the off-road edition. Anyways, I'm having trouble finding out even the invoice price is on these FJs.

I think the 2011 is the way to go. Around here, theres still quite a bit of 2010's on the lot, but for me, some of the upgrades like XM and better resale value i'm going with the 2011. The financing has gotten better @ 3.9% now rather than the 7% earlier in the year.

·
Admin
8,447 Posts
There are sometimes pretty good deals in the Vehicles For Sale section of this forum... that's where I found mine. Bought in the states and I brought it over.... not as difficult a process as you would think....

Good luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dont buy it from High River Toyota. I did and it was a big mistake. U can pm me if u want and I can give u the details

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Pam.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not sure what you're planning to use your FJ for but I do advise anyone buying a new one to negotiate different tires when you do. The AT20s that came on mine were useless when it came to mud. Dealer will usually be able to do it at no cost to you.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Pam,
If you want some insight about FJs (in Cowtown) drop me a PM or email (reference my profile) and we can meet up in town

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Go to carcostcanada.com

For a little bit of money you can enter your location, the vehicle and options you want and the site will tell you the dealer's invoice cost, send your nearest dealer an email and then they will know that you know what the bottom line for the vehicle is.

It's the easiest way to buy a vehicle that I know of. Walk into the dealership with that piece of paper and negotiations are pretty simple.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I was going to buy from Edmonton area dealers and they did not seem to care about getting my business. I would suggest going to a smaller town dealer where your business is better appreciated, it may be better to force a deal.

good luck:cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts