Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
the black steelie trail? I guess I missed it :( I'm assuming you go around in lots of circles?

·
Banned
457 Posts
I respectfully beg to differ on the Ouray area having anything even remotely difficult. If there's a more difficult trail there than Poughkeepsie....please fill me in as I'd love to do it......I just haven't even seen any obstacle that is very difficult in the area including Poughkeepsie's "wall" or the hill climb.
We get it.....you are a bada$$.

Don't they have a buggy forums or something you can post on?

As easy as Poughkeepsie might be for you, some FJ owners might consider it a harder trail. I wonder if you could be a little more sensitive towards FJ owners since the majority of people on this forum don't own buggies

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
ah - no need to turn this thread into a debate, please. IMO Sean was cordial in his post....and didn't ask for wheels either, which was awesome.

back to places that would work :)

There will always be all different skill levels at these events, and that's something to keep in mind for future locations/alternate locations.

For the record, the Poughkeepsie wall scared me but hey I'm from Boston and everything is flat :)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
We get it.....you are a bada$$.

Don't they have a buggy forums or something you can post on?

As easy as Poughkeepsie might be for you, some FJ owners might consider it a harder trail. I wonder if you could be a little more sensitive towards FJ owners since the majority of people on this forum don't own buggies
Why are you CONSTANTLY looking for an argument? I AM NOT a badass....in fact, I'm one of the worst drivers I know. Please, feel free to quote me on that.

Here's the problem....you obviously have a very SMALL sampling of what the world of 4wheeling is about. I do not. I've seen a lot of **** and run a LOT of trails all over the country.

All I was saying is that Ouray is ridiculously easy for ANY decently built rig (I know; not only did I run all the obstacles with success in my Toyota full bodied truck, but there were plenty of other modestly modified Jeeps, Broncos and Samuris along on the run that did the same).

Are you saying that FJCs aren't as capable as other makes? If so, you simply don't know what the vehicle is capable of.

That's your fault....not mine.

Sean

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Back to the thread...

Moab would:

1. Provide a much needed change of trails and scenery.

2. Is much more reasonable cost wise in restaurants and motels.

3. Has wonderful scenery... Mountains, desert, etc.

4. Has trails to provide whatever difficulty participants would want.

5. Would be a great change of pace!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
I am really hoping to be able to go to both Ouray and Moab in the near future. Both work and my current location have prevented me from doing so. This will be changing soon but with my luck as soon as I move out west and can make it, it will either move to a different location or go away all together. :lol:

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I am really hoping to be able to go to both Ouray and Moab in the near future. Both work and my current location have prevented me from doing so. This will be changing soon but with my luck as soon as I move out west and can make it, it will either move to a different location or go away all together. :lol:
With finances being what they are for me this year, I may or may not make my annual trek to Moab and Ouray. Let me know when you go Dave....I'd love to meet up with ya. :)

Sean

·
Formerly FJ_Marine
6,388 Posts
With finances being what they are for me this year, I may or may not make my annual trek to Moab and Ouray. Let me know when you go Dave....I'd love to meet up with ya. :)

Sean
GTG, sounds like a plan. I should also be making the occasional trip to AZ because we have really close friends of our in YUMA.

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
I also thought Texas might be a good option with Katemcy (though I've never been, just plan on it soon) or maybe somewhere else in that big state. It seems to be the most "central" to both coasts and having seen some amazing pics of events there, "should" be able to accommodate a bunch of FJC's...

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I also thought Texas might be a good option with Katemcy (though I've never been, just plan on it soon) or maybe somewhere else in that big state. It seems to be the most "central" to both coasts and having seen some amazing pics of events there, "should" be able to accommodate a bunch of FJC's...
I've got some friends that go to Katemcy all the time....if anyone needs more info, let me know and I'll find out about accomodations and the like.

Sean

·
Premium Member
8,309 Posts
I've got some friends that go to Katemcy all the time....if anyone needs more info, let me know and I'll find out about accomodations and the like.
Ummm, I suggested it and posted a link to the web site in post #26 above. :lol:

Barnwell Mountain in east Texas is also a possibility.

Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area

21 - 40 of 71 Posts