Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I’ve been on the forums since early 2009 (doing research) before I purchased my 2010 Silver Fresco Metallic FJ. I’ve used this site extensively over the past 10 years for research, mods, maintenance, you name it. It has been an invaluable reference source to build up, customize, and maintain my FJ, and I thank you all.

I don’t post much at all, but I’m pretty much on here every day learning something new about the FJ world.

Long story longer, a drunk driver totaled my FJ while it was parked at my house and I’ve been battling insurance for a month trying to save it. In the process, I submitted 10 years of receipts of mods and am now at the point where they are going to give me more than I could get from a private party pre accident.

So, I’m now in the market for a 2013 Trail Teams. I’m located in Southern California and am looking for an Automatic, 4wd (of course). I’m going to start from scratch again with the mods, so a stock TT would be perfect. I’m set on a 2013 TT Cement Gray, so I know it’s going to be a tough one to find.

If anyone has one and is thinking to sell, I’d love to make an offer. I’d like to buy private party and preferably from someone on this site that appreciates and respects the FJ as much as we all do as members of this forum.

I do not have a timeline and would rather get a super clean rig and hold out to find the right one. I’m willing to travel too, but would rather find one more on the West Coast side.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, I saw this and would be all over it if it was an automatic. It looks like it’s in great shape too. I know there’s a lot of people interested in Manual FJ’s, so hopefully you can find a buyer.

Thanks and good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still looking for this rig....... Just settled with insurance on totaling my 2010 FJ and I’m super bummed! Trying to get back into an FJ, willing to make an offer for those with a 2013 TT that are thinking of selling.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I’ve been searching all the used car sites and have only found East Coast FJ’s so far.

I’m just going to be patient and keep looking for a clean West Coast 2013 TT.

I bought my FJ new in 2009 with 11miles on it and I put almost 135K on it over the past 10 years. Hopefully I’ll be back in the game soon!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I looked for over a year to get mine! Something will come up sooner than you think. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’m in SoCal so I’m trying to find one a bit closer, unless it’s super clean with no frame rust. Thanks for the encouragement, glad you found yours!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I’m in SoCal so I’m trying to find one a bit closer, unless it’s super clean with no frame rust. Thanks for the encouragement, glad you found yours!
I flew to TX to get mine and drove it back to NC. If not alot available you might have to consider traveling to get it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
That one is not his. Utah is not that far for you. Worth a look if it is everything you want. They aren't growing on trees and in fact are getting wrecked/ aging/ rusting faster than you will have someone knock on your door and offer one for the price you like.
FJ's are like women. If you want one you need to go after it. Show interest. Good luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you are a woman, then they are like men. Except you don't really have to go after men. We are stupid animals and go after anything. So an FJ is like a woman. Rare and beautiful. Men are like Jeeps. Plentiful, unsatisfying, stink, and break down a lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m looking at FJ’s (just started) and live in Scottsdale AZ if you need me to look at anything in this area for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Buckshot and racerx43, I’ll let you guys know if I need your help. I really appreciate it, just another reason why this forum is so great! Not used to this kind of hospitality in SoCal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts