Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there were any negatives in purchasing the all white trails team edition FJ. I really like that one.
I live in South Florida should I stay away from the 4x4? Is a 2x4 any better on fuel?
I think I would want to do a bumper, lift kit, rims and tires. Maybe I should just get a black one and mod it myself. Should I get the white one because its already set up pretty good.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I think the best way is to just get a base FJ and mod it the way you want it to be, mostly b/c the stuff that come with the FJ from the factory isn't that great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it really all depends if you want show or go, If you intend to do a little light off roading then the TT will suffice. The money you would save on buying the stock (I recommend the off road package) you could put into your mods. I have the off road package and it comes with most of the mods the TT has for alot less. The skids are not tough at all, they may offer a little protecting but mine are currently bent and waiting for replacement. As for your mpg, there shouldnt be much of a difference between the 2x4 and the automatic 4x4. The manual tranny is all time 4x4 so it has a little more drag on the drivetrain. The addition of tires and bumper with a winch has had a dramatic effect on my millage so just keep this in mind when modding if fuel is a concern for you. Its nice to have 4x4 if you need it, Im from FL and that sand is some tricky stuff!

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
I think the 2X4 FJC gets about +1 better mpg than the 4x4 auto. But if you're looking for good gas mileage you're looking at the wrong vehicle. It's a buyer's market now for a SUV so you should be able to wheel and deal on a good bottom line price.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
I'd go with a stock 4X4 FJ. But, make sure it has rear locker and ATRAC. The difference in mileage is minimal and the 4-wheel drive is there if you need it. Plus, it will have much better resale value should (God forbid) you ever want to get rid of it...

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
If you aren't getting the FJ to wheel, there are far better/more luxurious choices out there. If you are getting it to offroad, well then 4x4 is the obvious choice. The specific negatives in respect to your question are as follows:

The trail teams edition commands a bit of a premium over a regular Fj, and since you plan on modding, it would probably make a lot more sense financially to go with a '09 all white fj, non trail teams edition, and mod it as you see fit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts