Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to replace my Toytec Signature series rear lower control arms that are fully adjustable with heim joints on both ends. Why you ask? Cause for one, my drivers side broke, it literally stripped where the adjustable part is, secondly they make way to much noise. You can hear me clunking down the street with these damn arms. So question I have is, what is a good replacement that I can use with a 6" inch rough country lift. I'd prefer to have both ends with bushings as opposed to any end with heim/johhny joints. With the 6" lift, should the rear lower control arm be the same length as stock? As I recall, the lift kit didn't come with lower control arms only uppers.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
https://www.rokmen.com/toyota/fj-cruiser-10/rear-trailing-arms-trail-series.html
https://www.toyteclifts.com/43017-rokmen-trail-series-lower-links-for-03-4runner-07-14-fj-cruiser.html
Individual Suspension Parts : Sonoran Steel Fabrication LLC, Toyota Truck Parts
https://www.toyteclifts.com/25950-spc-toyota-rear-lower-control-arms-with-xaxis-sealed-flex-joints.html

Used to drive me nuts with daughter's 3rd gen 4runner. Went with rear lower links by Sonoran steel. Stout and bushings on both ends. Rokmen is also making them at lower cost than Sonoran. Not sure what the specs are. I also see SPC is making one. Check links above.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I have a lot of All Pro things on my FJ but rear lower links are not one of them :)

Reactions: MiniTANK

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
What do you have?
Right now I just have the stock rear lca. I have heard real good things about metaltech offset lcas. That's what I`m going to get when mine finally wear out or get bent :)

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
I took my MT rear lower links off and replaced them with Resz fab . Now if you need them sooner than later. i would suggest getting them from Apache Offroad ( they are just rebranded Resz links ).

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I took my MT rear lower links off and replaced them with Resz fab . Now if you need them sooner than later. i would suggest getting them from Apache Offroad ( they are just rebranded Resz links ).
Did you not like the MTs or did you beat them to death on one of your offroad trips :)

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Na they still looked new . after seeing so many failures with the adjustable Links i just decided to go with fixed Links . I run the Durajoints in the Resz so far so good . My Fj is pretty clean for were it has gone and will continue to go lol

Reactions: Sanderhawk

·
Registered
2014 CEMENT FJ
62 Posts
Na they still looked new . after seeing so many failures with the adjustable Links i just decided to go with fixed Links . I run the Durajoints in the Resz so far so good . My Fj is pretty clean for were it has gone and will continue to go lol
Looking into it now

·
Registered
2014 CEMENT FJ
62 Posts
Not looking at doing super crazy rock crawling but some offroad so what is recommended but not braking the bank.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,912 Posts
From what I gather the Resz are both recommended and pretty standardly priced.

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you can weld, or know someone who can, a fun DIY project is welding angle iron to the OEM LCAs. I used 1.25" x 3/16" angle and stitch-welded it to the OEM units. Haven't hit them yet, but they're certainly beefier then the standard LCAs. And if you destroy them, finding a take-off set on Craigslist or here to modify will get you back in bidness.

·
Registered
2014 CEMENT FJ
62 Posts
If you can weld, or know someone who can, a fun DIY project is welding angle iron to the OEM LCAs. I used 1.25" x 3/16" angle and stitch-welded it to the OEM units. Haven't hit them yet, but they're certainly beefier then the standard LCAs. And if you destroy them, finding a take-off set on Craigslist or here to modify will get you back in bidness.
Do you have pics?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I tried to find an old thread before I posted, no luck. It's not complicated, but the orientation can be either V down or at L configuration. L is stronger, from what I learned. I'll look a bit more for the thread.

·
Registered
2014 CEMENT FJ
62 Posts
I tried to find an old thread before I posted, no luck. It's not complicated, but the orientation can be either V down or at L configuration. L is stronger, from what I learned. I'll look a bit more for the thread.
Thank you

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Where are you from in north Jersey?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts