Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on 5 of these:

Yes, my inner bling is showing. The size is:

Size: 17 x 9
Bolt Circle: 6x5.50
Offset: -12mm

I have wheel spacers and my FJ will have a 6" Fabtech with 35" BFG MT's. As far as what I've read here, these should fit. Yes?????

Anyone ever deal with rimzoneonline.com ??

Thanks!

·
Registered
630 Posts
Will they fit??? Hell, I don't know. Those wheels are bada$$ though. :thinkerg:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone??? please???

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Looks nice! What's the backspacing? FWIW, I have a different wheel but w/the exact same width & offset but in 18's w/no rubbing (no bodymount chop). Then again I don't have AT/MT tires so can't tell you if they fit a stock height FJ. However, if you've got a 6" lift then you should be fine assuming the backspacing is around 4.5" - 5.0"

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks nice! What's the backspacing? FWIW, I have a different wheel but w/the exact same width & offset but in 18's w/no rubbing (no bodymount chop). Then again I don't have AT/MT tires so can't tell you if they fit a stock height FJ. However, if you've got a 6" lift then you should be fine assuming the backspacing is around 4.5" - 5.0"
Thanks for the reply! I don't know the backspacing. Another member here just installed them, same size, so I should be ok... I guess the wheel spacers are what helps? I was told I have to use them. The MotoMetal web site is a joke... zero information.

·
Registered
878 Posts
the back space on that wheel with that offset is 4.5"

if your spacers right now are spider tracks 1.25" on stock wheels then your current offset on your stock wheel with spacer is about -16. (if 1.5" spacer then -22, with a difference of 10mm))

so you'll be going from an offset of -16mm to an offset of -12mm(~1/2 inch), so the center line of your tire is moving in only 4mm and edge of the sidewall that meets your rim is moving out 1.25" on both side(this effects nothing with correct back spacing)

your fitment will almost be exactly the same(without using the spacer on the new wheel). your tires just won't look as bulged, more square.

if you have to use the wheel spacers to clear your UCA then you can test to see how that will work out by pulling a spacer from one side and doubling up on the other with your current set up to simulate the new(DON'T DRIVE LIKE THIS)

by the numbers, yes they fit with no spacers required.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts