Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost key in Iceland.
I just lost my second car key and cannot have a new one made since there is no "key code" available with Toyota dealers here in Iceland. Do know how to acquire the key code of my car from the US in order to have a new key made? The Toyota distributers over here do not import Cruisers and can therefore not help me (my car was imported by an individual - previous owner). Thank you!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sorry to hear about your predicament.
I would think that a dealership in the originating country could make a new key from the VIN.
If your local dealership won't reach out, maybe you can get a foreign dealership to do so (I'm assuming that whoever cuts the key will want some proof of ownership). Also sounds like it might be worth getting two. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Yeah, just call a US dealer, long distance, and see if they'll make one for you and ship it.

If you don't know a US dealer to talk to, the local dealer that I get all of my parts through is Jim White, in Toledo, OH. Ask for Pat Fountain in the parts department and tell him Norm sent you (I buy a lot of parts for my various projects, and knows me).

He may require a copy of your purchase paperwork or something to make sure you are the owner of the vehicle with that VIN number, I don't know.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i hope you get it sorted out.

my son lives in Reykjavik. i told him to keep an eye out and give you a wave. i assume you have the only one there. (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts