Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lost letter in traded truck....A Happy Ending!!!

Moderators please move if I posted in the wong section please move....

I posted this in TTORA as well

If anyone on this forum bought my truck or might know please help!!!

I traded my 02' Taco in Cheyenne Wyoming at Spradley Toyota. I left a letter my daughter wrote to me in the visor behind the the 4x4 instruction card. It just has alot of sentimental value.... :mecry:... If anyone bought it please PM me... I will pay to have the letter mailed or pick it up.
Any help would be ever so greatly be appr

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dragon:rocker: here is a picture ooops forgot to add

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
If you go back to the dealer, they might be able to contact the new owner on your behalf.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
already tried but no help.... They will not contact the buyer for me or give me the info on the buyer:flame:

I have the service manager on my side I think though.... I might get lucky

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
I understand that they will not give you the new owner's private information, but the salesman should be able to call him/her without issue. My salesman calls me about once every 6 months to see how things are going with the FJ.

So, I don't understand why they won't contact them on your behalf. That's a very reasonable request.

Unless........ they brokered the vehicle out and don't know who owns it now. But they should up front with you and just tell you that.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
do u have a friend who is a cop, u could give the taco vin # and have him run it, u dont have to tell buyer how u found him

·
Premium Member
6,512 Posts
Your allowed to carry firearms in WY right? (I used to live there), so strap on your sidearm and drop on by the dealership to have a 'heart-to-heart' with the salesperson who sold you the FJ and took your trade in.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your allowed to carry firearms in WY right? (I used to live there), so strap on your sidearm and drop on by the dealership to have a 'heart-to-heart' with the salesperson who sold you the FJ and took your trade in.

DEWFPO
Hmmmm.... I do have a conceled weapons permit.... and a dealership is not consider a public gather area....:thinkerg:

For some reason I still don't like handcuffs:thinkerg: I have been in contact with the salesman he is trying to help..... but the larger bosses just don't seem to care. I do like the VIN idea.... I will have to try it.... I live in a small town and some rules still don't apply here:lol::lol:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do u have a friend who is a cop, u could give the taco vin # and have him run it, u dont have to tell buyer how u found him
Good idea:rocker:

·
Registered
670 Posts
If you need a hand making contacts, I know most of the Carbon County Sheriffs Dept....

·
Banned
2,479 Posts

DEWFPO
Huh? I do hope you're kidding. Otherwise, you are only giving ammunition to the anti-gun crowd who view all gun owners as whack-jobs. Yes, anybody who would carry just to intimidate a presumably law-abiding business is a whack-job and exactly the kind of moron who shouldn't be allowed to carry. Sorry for the hijack, but this comment without any obvious indication that it's a joke deserves addressing.

·
Registered
127 Posts
did you speak to the detailers who clean the cars before putting them in the used car lot?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Huh? I do hope you're kidding. Otherwise, you are only giving ammunition to the anti-gun crowd who view all gun owners as whack-jobs. Yes, anybody who would carry just to intimidate a presumably law-abiding business is a whack-job and exactly the kind of moron who shouldn't be allowed to carry. Sorry for the hijack, but this comment without any obvious indication that it's a joke deserves addressing.
How is it against the law to ask a sales man if he could contact the owner to ask him a quick question?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
hope you found the letter, I carry a letter my GF wrote me that i really like. Ive had it in my STi ,and when i bought the FJ i transfered it. I know kinda how it feels.

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
If I remember correctly CARFAX gives you a current location for ownership(where it has been registered). If it's been bought and re-registered that might be a last ditch effort. Good luck on your search. Sometimes the littlest things mean the most.

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts

DEWFPO
That's the Cowboy way :cheers:

Giddy Up!!!!!!

Good luck and with a story like that you should contact the local news media
and have that published.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
did you speak to the detailers who clean the cars before putting them in the used car lot?
GOOD THOUGHT!!!! I asked..... The detailers never bothered looking behind the 4x4 instruction card in the visor. The service dept. was really helpful... They said that a local bought it... The service manager said that if it was ever brought in he would ask for me:rocker::rocker: there maybe hope yet!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts