Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Trail Teams
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a clean 2013 TT FJ when I started on my trip. The cleaning tip I found is to wet down the bugs to soften them and then wipe with dryer sheets. The softener in the dryer sheets and the water
makes the bugs come off. I keep some in the FJ to clean my windows on trips.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use a lot of carnauba wax on my windshield. I usually don't have to use my wipers and it helps when I have to wipe off something

·
Registered
2013 Trail Teams
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use a lot of carnauba wax on my windshield. I usually don't have to use my wipers and it helps when I have to wipe off something
Yes, to the wax! I live in Fl and one benefit of the flat windshield is if you wax it you can skip using your wipers during rain. There are a bunch of good wax type products out there but one I have used for years is RejeX and it does not leave a film. I had some water stains on my front windshield I could not get off. I used the old style clay bar and it worked great to remove them. For the bumpers and trim, I have tried a few products but Mothers Back To Black has worked well for me. I use a fine scrub pad to apply it and let it soak in. <>< <>< <>< <*((^(((><

1 - 5 of 5 Posts