Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to dis the URD unit, but after having the TRD Quickshifter installed in my '11 FJ it's like a whole different vehicle.

It's amazing how annoying the stock shifter seems now that I no longer have to deal with it…

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I have only heard good things about this. What do you like most about it? Does it just make the shift stroke shorter and more crisp? I might have to part with some $$$ for this.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I have only heard good things about this. What do you like most about it? Does it just make the shift stroke shorter and more crisp? I might have to part with some $$$ for this.
It makes shifts much shorter and more precise. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Based on prior threads the quick shifter is one of the options I ordered on my 2011 FJ-don't have it yet-ordered on January 21 to be delivered in April with the quick shifter installed.

siskiyou2

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had my dealer install it because I was there anyway having my TRD cat back installed and it just seemed easier to have them do it when it was already in the shop.

If you're curious:

TRD Quickshifter Installation Instructions

To answer other questions, no I didn't have the URD because I didn't want the shift lever any higher - it's perfect where it is for me - so it was worth the extra money for the TRD.

·
Registered
460 Posts
So back in the buying phase of my FJ, I test drove a 6 speed Tacoma due to the fact that my dealer didn't have a manual FJ... It had a real tight short throw and shifted so smoothly that I was sold on the manual FJ... then I was unexpectedly able to test drive an FJ (with the normal shifter) and hated it. It felt sloppy and unresponsive... I'm beginning to wonder if the TRD shifter would've solved that problem.. Hmm... anyone in Idaho have a 6 speed with the TRD shifter I can test out...?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have the URD shifter and its a great product! easy to install and improves shifting drastically. It was my first mod.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
URD here, I had it almost a year, very happy with it. I installed it, easy directions and less costly than the TRD.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The TRD shifter is great! Seriously, if you love the manual feel of cars, you are really going to love it in quickshifter form (should have been this way out the factory door). I especially like the stubby ball TRD knob. The whole thing just feels right while the stock setup had me reaching for the passenger legs in the 5-6 change (not a bad thing if its a SO).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts