Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new set of headlights all together and one of the low beams doesn't work after install. I plugged them in before the install and both worked fine I thought. Tried the previous two bulbs and neither worked on low beam. Figured 3 different bulbs couldn't be wrong. Any suggestions before replacing the wiring harness?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
If you have absolutely no idea why the headlights are not turning on, why would the first thing you consider be "replacing the wiring harness"??

A few minutes looking at the lighting system schematic, and then a few minutes probing with a multimeter will show you exactly what's wrong, and it's almost certainly NOT a defective wiring harness.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Did you check the fuse? There are separate fuses for left and right, high and low. Then a multimeter and/or test light as stated above.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sounds like you dont know if you have a good bulb or not. What was the condition before you did anything? Were the bulbs good ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out it was the fuse. Didn’t realize they were separate until I did some more looking around. Originally wasn’t sure if I had a wire come loose or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts