Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know, from experience, if there is a low profile, or low enough profile, winch that would fit under the cover plate supplied with Expedition One bumper? Went to local shop today, and he suggested a Ramsey on the shelf (though they shut down Tulsa operations) that would fit, minus the remote lead, but it has to weigh a hundred pounds, un-spooled, or more, plus I didn't think they were still around.

Had thought if the lead were removable, be secure to put cover on when not in use, though I've never seen a pic of one. They were busy enough that I didn't ask to borrow a hex head to remove cover, and test fit. I know that's not the intended purpose of the cover plate, but out of sight, out of a thief's hands.

·
fka gremlin2050
1,775 Posts
Any winch with a non integrated solenoid is your best bet for the lowest profile option. I have the Moto Alliance Viper Max 12k and am very happy with it. It has never let me down and it fits inside my DO bumper (only can fit non integrated)

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for input. It seems to be a viable option for "tucking" it into bumper, and still utilizing the cover plate, with some modification. I'm hoping someone has done with the Exp One bumper, and will chime in, since the option to pull one off the shelf and gander at doesn't exist.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts