Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please I need help. I have a 2007 FJ that has a low speed vibration typically between 15 to 40 miles per hour. Its certainly not the tires or tie rods. I usually experience it when going uphill or when going on a level road when there is pressure on the drive system. It does happen when going downhill. I took it to the Toyota dealership and I'm not sure they have diagnosed it right, they are saying it might have something to do with the torque converter and consequently i should just have the transmission replaced. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or in the seat? Does it vibrate if you coast? Is the vibration only when you are on the gas? If it is only when you are on the gas and is felt in the seat it might be a drive shaft U joint or out of balance drive shaft. I am surprised that no one else asked more questions. Maybe they are waiting for more information.

Good luck

·
Admin
6,585 Posts
Please I need help. I have a 2007 FJ that has a low speed vibration typically between 15 to 40 miles per hour. Its certainly not the tires or tie rods. I usually experience it when going uphill or when going on a level road when there is pressure on the drive system. It does happen when going downhill. I took it to the Toyota dealership and I'm not sure they have diagnosed it right, they are saying it might have something to do with the torque converter and consequently i should just have the transmission replaced. Any thoughts?
Please take note.....

I've shortened up your username.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey don't know if you've resolved this, but don't be too quick to let your tires off the hook. Hit a pothole too hard and just watch the curve ball a shifted belt in the tire throws you. Previous post was bang on, isolate the conditions and be as precise as possible, i.e first thing starting(cold), coasting, accelerating, in turns, felt in seat or wheel. This all helps your tech. Worn bushings in control arms, brakes that haven't been serviced and have seized/sticking pads are some other possibles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts