Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since these were such a big hit during our flash sale a couple weeks ago, we've marked out a deal to do it again!

One of the most important things on your rig is protection when out on the trails. The FJ Cruiser lower rear links are in vulnerable position on the frame. Protect your mounts and links with these easy to install skids from Trailworx Fabrication. These bolt-on mounts will help your rig slide over obstacles instead of bashing into them.

Regular price is $150. Group Buy price is $140 if I can get at least 10 people to commit. Just reply to the thread and add your name to the list. All orders will need to be placed on or before March 13, 2016. Group buy orders will then ship approximately 2-2.5 weeks later (by end of the month).

DISCOUNT UNLOCKED: Order Here: GROUP BUY: Trailworx FJ Cruiser Lower Link Armor

No welding required. Just replace m12 bolt with new one (comes with it) and use a self tapping screws on front hole (also supplied).

Powdercoating is included in the price.

DISCOUNT UNLOCKED: Order Here: GROUP BUY: Trailworx FJ Cruiser Lower Link Armor

Participants:
1. StrangerRanger
2. Hamad974
3. Pickles
4. Mrs. Pickles
5. marjhan
6. Richard D (Facebook)
7. Jim Pehkonen (Facebook)
8. SilvFx
9. Robar
10. erpetdoc
11. Ferby

·
Call me Pickles
831 Posts
I"m in for 2

Ryan Sivley
Melissa Sivley

·
Premium Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
9,761 Posts
I'm in .. It comes with instructions I hope ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite easy

1. Leave truck on the ground.
2. Ratchet strap the rear wheel to sliders, or cross-member-or maybe even front wheel. (this keeps the holes aligned and can take pressure off bolt)
3. Take out the big LCA bolt
4. Put skid up there and install new bolt - 96 ft. lbs.
5. Install the front little bolt that hold skids in place.
6. Do other side same.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I guess I need to get me a torque wrench

This is strictly an opinion, but I don't think it really matters for a job like this. Save your pennies or go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap one. At least you'll get pretty close with a Harbor Freight torque wrench.

·
Registered
739 Posts
This is strictly an opinion, but I don't think it really matters for a job like this. Save your pennies or go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap one. At least you'll get pretty close with a Harbor Freight torque wrench.

Agree, use a quality 1/2" flex handle and get as tight as you can. Off-road it a day and tighten again. Done deal.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
I'm in for a set. I like this design is similar to the redline lower link skids but more budget friendly. I had bought RCI lower link skids, but I am changing direction and going with these as I think the design fundamentals are better.

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Subscribed

1 - 20 of 55 Posts