Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into Allpro's and Man-a-free , are there any problems with either of them ? Any better than the other ?

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
i just ordered a set of toy outfitters LCA. they had great costumer service and they make beefy LCA and about every color you want

·
Registered
739 Posts
Concur with the ToyOutfitters. I've known Stan for several years and his product is just about the strongest on the market. He has both fixed and adjustable length control arms. Check out the website or send him a message.

·
Registered
493 Posts
My ToyOutfitters LCA's should be here tomorrow.
I'm looking forward to seeing them!
I'll post a couple of pics if i get a chance.

KyFJGuy

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts
I have Toyoutfitters as well. Good product and a good value.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sold! Thanks

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
TheToyOutfitters x5. Great product, great customer service, great guy. Not so good at playing checkers though.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I ended up ordering some AllPro lower links last week as well as the reinforcements for the front and rear brackets; I guess the reinforcements were just redesigned. Looking forward to getting them on!

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Call now! He is raising prices $20 on the 14th of this month.

You might get in under the wire...:)

KyFJGuy

Done ! order passed . great guy Stan :)

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a question, are these things "bolt off/on " meaning i take the old ones off and put the new ones in and that's it ? Or will i need alignement or something ?

·
Wanderlust
4,158 Posts
Got a question, are these things "bolt off/on " meaning i take the old ones off and put the new ones in and that's it ? Or will i need alignement or something ?
Replacing the rear upper and lower links are "bolt on" modifications. Just replace one at a time and double check the length of the new link is the same as the one being replaced. No alignment is required.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
JP, The lower links are the same length as your stock links, just a simple swap. The upper links are adjustable in length which allows you to adjust your pinion angle if you choose to. To keep your pinion angle stock, just match the length of the new links to that of the stock links and you are set.

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JP, The lower links are the same length as your stock links, just a simple swap. The upper links are adjustable in length which allows you to adjust your pinion angle if you choose to. To keep your pinion angle stock, just match the length of the new links to that of the stock links and you are set.

Thanks Stan :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Cholerabob,

I just thought I'd add a couple quick comments about swapping links. The aftermarket links are indeed a bolt-in replacement, but there are a few areas where you might run into problems if you haven't done this before. These are just a few of things I ran into that I thought might help.
  1. Depending on how old your FJ is or where it's located (geographically), rust build up on the nuts and bolts that hold the links in place can make removal quite difficult. In my case, I had a lot of problems with the upper, driver's side link. Because of it's proximity to the gas tank, getting an air wrench or ratchet into that space can be a pain. One suggestion that makes this easier is to temporarily remove the rear shock from this location. It makes accessing the bolt a lot easier.
  2. Lining up the mounting holes after removing the old links can be tricky without the proper tools. In my case, I wasn't able to get the old links out without raising the vehicle by the frame. This allows the rear axle to drop away from the frame and reduces the tension on the mounting bolts, allowing you to remove them. But once removed, the axle will most likely shift backwards somewhat, causing a mis-alignment in the mounting holes/brackets. To re-align the holes, get yourself a ratchet strap. Wrap one end around the rear axle (make sure you avoid brake lines and other pinchable items) and the other to a fixed location somewhere forward of the axle (like a slider if you have one). Use the ratchet on the strap to slowly move the axle forward and re-align the holes. Another suggestion I've seen, is to install your upper links first since it's easier to align the lower links once the uppers are fixed in place.
In my case, I initially went with the Man-A-Fre links but due to unresolvable noise issues, I ended up sending my stock links to Chris and Charity (Digger) for modification. Needless to say, I've been very happy with the performance and strength of my "Digger Links". But I've heard a lot of great reviews on Stan's products as well so I think you'll be very happy once you get everything swapped. In case you're looking for more installation info or photos, you can view my complete write-up here.

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
936 Posts
You will be happy with the quality of ToyOutfitters LCA's, very burly. I also installed the Rough Stuff LCA mounts he sells I'am good to go now. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks for the extra info Jeff, i was planning on installing them at the same time as my OME lift, so it will make it easier , and i have access to a garage lift, so everything should be good, can't wait to have them :D

BTW very nice write up

·
Registered
493 Posts
What is a good quality grease to use in the TTO rear LCA's?

You guys that have them already installed,
what grease are you running in them?

KyFJGuy

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I have used "green grease" for years. It held up in salt water on the boat trailers so I just kept on using it. Good stuff.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts