Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it’s finally time to get this swap going! With 54’s being a possibility for winter wheeling I knew the V6 wasn’t going to have enough power. I immediately wanted to swap in an LSA motor we have here at the shop, but after a lot of thought realized the potential for broken parts would create a trail nightmare at that HP. In an effort to “kinda” play it safe I’ll be going with a mildly built LS3 with Texas Speed goodies. This will be mated to a fully built TH400 making it a solid trail combo good for 580hp. Step one is to cut the whole front off and build a custom tube frame. I’ll keep the updates coming 🤘🏻

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Mod list
2013 LS3
Texas speed stg2 cam kit
LS specialties harness and tune
Hooker 1.75” tube headers
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
-10 feed -8 return
Aeromotive FPR
Dual 3” exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
W.... In an effort to “kinda” play it safe I’ll be going with a mildly built LS3 with Texas Speed goodies. This will be mated to a fully built TH400 making it a solid trail combo good for 580hp....
sure, i guess, as long as you are satisfied with an underpowered FJ, I guess that can work /s

Those are some impressive build skills and way beyond most of us. Will be following to see how this works out.

·
Premium Member
2,729 Posts
Well it’s finally time to get this swap going! With 54’s being a possibility for winter wheeling I knew the V6 wasn’t going to have enough power. I immediately wanted to swap in an LSA motor we have here at the shop, but after a lot of thought realized the potential for broken parts would create a trail nightmare at that HP. In an effort to “kinda” play it safe I’ll be going with a mildly built LS3 with Texas Speed goodies. This will be mated to a fully built TH400 making it a solid trail combo good for 580hp. Step one is to cut the whole front off and build a custom tube frame. I’ll keep the updates coming 🤘🏻
The LSA is only 556hp/551t. ??? Impressive motor. Guy just brought one new in the crate ($13.5K). To put into an old Caprice POS. The Caprice is ok, but this one is a POS.

Either LS motor would be killer :grin

·
Desert Moderator
6,238 Posts
That's nuts. Can't wait to see the journey and the finished product!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More progress.... dash will go back in like oem, new heater from summit and racepak dash to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tunnel is cut and ready for the monster th400 trans

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Motor is getting closer

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Progress. Skins are just mocked up not even close to finalized.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts