Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts
Discussion starter · #44 ·
I have no clue which gas cans to be looking for that will fit in the back of the carrier. Do you guys no which "Jerry Cans" fit the Carrier? Thanks.
The carrier will work with any cans. Thanks for asking. I like the scepters best myself if you can still get them, as long as your not in CA.

Is there an exact ship date by chance....could I come get it from you?
I would really like something like this for the Continental Divide Expedition (along with your other cool toys!) but I think we would be cutting it close.
Also how hard would it be to mount a mini-winch to raise & lower the spare for those of us who can trouble handling something like that?
Just a thought...
Your designs rock!
Oh and what about some sort of propane tank holder on that top shelf?

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Is there an exact ship date by chance....could I come get it from you?
I would really like something like this for the Continental Divide Expedition (along with your other cool toys!) but I think we would be cutting it close.
Also how hard would it be to mount a mini-winch to raise & lower the spare for those of us who can trouble handling something like that?
Just a thought...
Your designs rock!
Oh and what about some sort of propane tank holder on that top shelf?
Thanks Lance, depends on the group buy and if we get enough. We still need about 10 more orders to make this happen. If we get the orders in then we will have them shipped in time to install before the summit. Also mounting a mini winch would be no big deal. You could do it with off the shelf parts yourself very easily. Lastly I dont have anything for a propane holder on the cargo rack. You could probably drill and mount one, but it would cost to much for me to try and include it in the carrier itself. Thanks again!

Wish I could help but will be a couple more months I think before I can pull it....depends on whether my home sells or not as a lot is dependent on that....LOL

yep but i am in good shape....first, I dont have to sell...doing it because my daugher and her husband are having their first child and my wife is in a position where she can stop working and watch it for them since they both work so want to move to other side of town to assist in the pickups and dropoffs each morning.... so if it does not sell this year then we wait and try again next year...and she does the 15 mile commute to pick up the baby and then meet our daughter in evening again for drop off.

we have good equity in home and got it for good price 3 years ago.....so able to be competitive in pricing even with the upgrades we did and should be able to recoup anything in new purchase as long as we ensure it has the upgrades already....and with pricing of new housing now....the differences should be a wash.

plus we are pre approved so no worries there......so ball is in our court. only issue is i hate having to make the bed every day and keep the house spotless in case someone alls to view home...had 19 showings in 2 months so hopefully someone will like it and not need to sell their house first... if not......then it goes off market in Fall....and I start modding FJ for next Spring. LMAO

only issue is i hate having to make the bed every day and keep the house spotless in case someone alls to view home...
This is the worst part about having your house on the market. Oh did I hate that too.

Back on the swingout topic:

Now this swingout is really cool isn't it. I'm signed up for the base model. I have a few more questions. When you take the tire off the FJ do you remove the thing you used to attach it to from the back of the FJ or does that part stay on? I'm cluesless. Also, how do you keep your cans on the base model, do you use some sort of tie downs? Thanky mucho.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
This is the worst part about having your house on the market. Oh did I hate that too.

Back on the swingout topic:

Now this swingout is really cool isn't it. I'm signed up for the base model. I have a few more questions. When you take the tire off the FJ do you remove the thing you used to attach it to from the back of the FJ or does that part stay on? I'm cluesless. Also, how do you keep your cans on the base model, do you use some sort of tie downs? Thanky mucho.
Thanks for the questions. The stock tire carrier that is stamped sheet metal comes off and is not needed. Along the bottom of where the tire carrier was are two bolts that will attach the new cross member that swings the drivers side half of the tire carrier open and closed with the rear door making it so you dont need another latch to mess with. The jerry can tray has hoops in it so that you can strap the cans down with tie downs or what ever sort of strap you want to use. You can also use the jerry can lock if you want. If you do use the jerry can lock you do not need to use straps on the cans because the jerry can lock hold everything in place. Thanks again for the questions!

Discussion starter · #52 ·
Extended the group buy to the 15th! I really want to help this group buy happen and we only need about 10 more orders!! Lets spread the word, keep this thread going and let me know any questions you have. Now is the time and we can still ship before the summit with time to install!!!

Dang I wish there was a way to make this happen before July 3rd so I would have it for the Continental Divide Expedition...I test packed my FJ today and kept thinking I needed more space and wouldn't that Lucrum swingout help!!!!
2 jerry cans and storage above...how excellent...
warn bumper...got that!

Is there even a remote chance this could happen by end of june to the 2nd of july?????
I would be looking for the full package...

Group Buy extended people.

Chris, I know it's a group buy on this forum but what if you cross posted this group buy on some of the the other FJ forums like Outdooradventureusa.net, Socalfjcruiserforums.com just to name a few.

This is the slickest swing out design I've seen and the cool part is that it will grow with you. I'll be using it with a stock bumper at first. Then, if I plan to upgrade to one of the other bumpers that Lucrum Ind. builds a mounting bracket for, I'll be able use it with the new bumper. That's just smart design. Good stuff Chris.

Man, I love the new tire rack! Makes me ill that I can't buy one right now, at the discounted GB price...

I'm gonna have to settle for full price later, Chris. With the Ouray trip coming up, money's a little tight right now buddy...

Discussion starter · #56 ·
Dang I wish there was a way to make this happen before July 3rd so I would have it for the Continental Divide Expedition...I test packed my FJ today and kept thinking I needed more space and wouldn't that Lucrum swingout help!!!!
2 jerry cans and storage above...how excellent...
warn bumper...got that!

Is there even a remote chance this could happen by end of june to the 2nd of july?????
I would be looking for the full package...
Sorry Lance but I don't want to over promise. If the group buy closes this time we are looking to deliver about the middle of July. Thanks!

Are you guys checking this out?? I can't believe we don't have more takers....

BUMP!

Are you guys checking this out?? I can't believe we don't have more takers....

BUMP!
I didn't even see the thread until today, and I'm already comitted (have left PM, phone msg AND forum post for Chris confirming this!)

I am, if you will excuse the imagery, creaming my jeans or this product.

I like the idea, but way to expensive for what it is. I could buy my own welder and make my own. I just can't see spending that kind of money to carry a couple of gas cans and a tire that I already have a place for. If I wanted a different rear bumper I would still have to buy that to. I would seriously consider this if it was about half the price.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.