Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now i have steelies with gorilla acorn lug nuts just curious if these lug nuts will also work with the procomp 7089-7883 rims or which ones i would have to buy.?

btw Sorry if this thread already exist

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Right now i have steelies with gorilla acorn lug nuts just curious if these lug nuts will also work with the procomp 7089-7883 rims or which ones i would have to buy.?

btw Sorry if this thread already exist

Thanks!
My 7089's came with lug nuts from the distributor.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had the pro comp 7089's before and the acorn lugs won't go deep enough. I probably got 3 turns on each. You have to get the 12x1.5 ET lugs from either discount tire direct or all pro. It has an extra lip for additional threads. You will get about 8 turns on each lug.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thnaks for the replys im going to go ahead and get some new ones.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I wont run anything but E/T lug nuts on any after market wheel on a toyota truck. That being said. Wheelers offroad sells them at a very reasonable price. Unfortunately i have yet to find this type of lug nut in black.
ET nuts. Two different styles. Both available from Wheelers. Not available in black. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Man thats a bummer i was really hoping i could get some locking ones in black

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
My 7089s did not come with nuts, so Les Schwab Tire Center where I bought my tires to go along with the Pro Comps (bought them direct from 4WD Parts) installed black Gorilla small diameter Tuner lugnuts that take an adapter you put in your wrench to take them off.

They fit great/look great.

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Forgot to mention I run Gorilla locking nuts too, one per wheel.
The link on my personal webpage and my buildup threads is dead, but Google turned them up on Amazon's website.
Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 71631NBC Acorn Black Chrome Wheel Locks (12mm x 1.50" Thread Size), Pack of 4: Automotive

They too are 12mm x 1.50".
Only four come to a set, but when Les Schwab (they had to order them and install them a week after I had my tires/wheels installed) got me a five pack somehow directly from Gorilla.

So if you want these, you may have to buy two sets unless you do not mind leaving your spare unlocked.

They come with a socket that fits over them to take them off.
But what I like about the Gorilla Tuner nuts I have is they take a special long socket to take each one off.

I see Amazon also has them.
Gorilla Automotive 21133BC Small Diameter Acorn Black 5 Lug Kit (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 20

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to mention I run Gorilla locking nuts too, one per wheel.
The link on my personal webpage and my buildup threads is dead, but Google turned them up on Amazon's website.
Amazon.com: Gorilla Automotive 71631NBC Acorn Black Chrome Wheel Locks (12mm x 1.50" Thread Size), Pack of 4: Automotive

They too are 12mm x 1.50".
Only four come to a set, but when Les Schwab (they had to order them and install them a week after I had my tires/wheels installed) got me a five pack somehow directly from Gorilla.

So if you want these, you may have to buy two sets unless you do not mind leaving your spare unlocked.

They come with a socket that fits over them to take them off.
But what I like about the Gorilla Tuner nuts I have is they take a special long socket to take each one off.

I see Amazon also has them.
Gorilla Automotive 21133BC Small Diameter Acorn Black 5 Lug Kit (12mm x 1.50 Thread Size) - Pack of 20

guys thanks for the links.And corey those are the same lugnuts im using right now on my steelies 12mm x 1.50 acorn?

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
guys thanks for the links.And corey those are the same lugnuts im using right now on my steelies 12mm x 1.50 acorn?
Then they should work.
Mine have been on the rig since July of 2007 with no problems.
I have had the tires off, Les Schwab and Toyota have had them off too for tire rotation.
Plenty of threads to bite, these are an option to use with the 7089 wheels.

·
Registered
272 Posts
You NEED the splined E/T Lug nuts for the 7089s. every black lug nut posted in this thread is not E/T. This has been exhaustively discussed over on Tacomaworld. there is not an E/T lug nut in black. Those of you running the non-E/T lug nuts from Les Schwab or 4WP please please do yourself a favor and get some E/Ts. The Toyota Lugs are very short and you will notice if you take off a wheel from the discoloration on the lug that you have VERY LITTLE thread coverage. Scary once you look at it. The only solution to run the non E/T's safely is to replace the wheel studs. The other benefit of the E/Ts is that the shank (E/T part) also helps to center the hole in the wheel on the stud. This is very beneficial since there are no hub centric wheels for our rigs.

This is the Lug Nut you want.

Wheelers sells them for $.50 each.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
You NEED the splined E/T Lug nuts for the 7089s. every black lug nut posted in this thread is not E/T. This has been exhaustively discussed over on Tacomaworld. there is not an E/T lug nut in black. Those of you running the non-E/T lug nuts from Les Schwab or 4WP please please do yourself a favor and get some E/Ts. The Toyota Lugs are very short and you will notice if you take off a wheel from the discoloration on the lug that you have VERY LITTLE thread coverage. Scary once you look at it. The only solution to run the non E/T's safely is to replace the wheel studs. The other benefit of the E/Ts is that the shank (E/T part) also helps to center the hole in the wheel on the stud. This is very beneficial since there are no hub centric wheels for our rigs.

This is the Lug Nut you want.

Wheelers sells them for $.50 each.

I'm having the same issue. I just got a set of ProComp 7032 (Black) and can't find the ET in Black anywhere. I'm getting a shimmy between 45-55 and DT says it's because I'm running the tuner lugs and not the ET since it's not centered.

If I can't find any Black ET lugs, then I may purchase chrome and strip it and re-paint them Black. I think that may be the only solution....

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
ET nuts. Two different styles. Both available from Wheelers. Not available in black. :(

I need these... i checked the site, no avail. Running 8089s Pro Comp, and yes, i saw that thread... and i got scared...
Anyone knows where to get those lugs?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts