Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have or know the wiring diagram to convert a 7 pin to the Fj 4 flat plug.. I bought a M101 trailer I have been looking all over for an adapter for the nato plug and found one that converts it to a 7 pin.. I dont want to by a 7 to 4 pin adapter because I think that would look like a crap and be less secure with all the othe wiring adaption.. Seem simple but I cant seem to find a diagram.

Sean

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unless you want to keep the military wiring and NATO plug for a particular reason just pull all the wiring out and re-wire it, it's only a few hours of work.

I just pulled all the old wiring out and rewired the entire trailer from scratch so I know it's all done right and I don't end up chasing down shorts or problems down the road.

I took the old bulbs and lights out of the stock tail light assemblies as well and with a few minutes of small modifications with a dremel fit some 4" round LED taillights in the stock assemblies and sealed the back up. The LEDS are really bright and the trailer still has the stock assemblies like I wanted.

I know all the wiring is new and there are no problems including new taillights and no adaptors.

Just my 2 cents and what I did.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...I am keeping the nato plug for now.. So I need I bought a adapter to a 7 pin, I need to rewire the 7 to a 4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts