Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
One Man Wolf Pack
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that allot of you have axe mounts in and on your FJ's but I want to see if anyone has a creative machete mount. I need some ideas on where to put my machete at.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
In my cargo area, opposite the Sub, I mounted a covered piece of ply & mounted- Fire ex, 4-d Mag.light, hatchet & shovel. I picked up 2 really nice machete's at a flea market last summer foe $30 & can't find a good place to mount them, so I hope a few post idea's as well.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Machete? We don't need no stinkin' machetes out here in the desert, other than to hack the occasional rattle snake or overly agressive coyote. Nothing that can't be adequately handled with a well placed shot from the trusty H&K .40 :)

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
MPAC rack with quick fists works well for mounting a machete.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
MPAC rack with quick fists works well for mounting a machete.
ditto. i got mine on the back rack but i just slid it behind the bags. not sure if it matters but its out of site

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just slide my 19" Gerber machete/saw with sheath between the center console and the passenger seat.
I do the same thing! Love the saw on the back of the blade.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Just mount them to your front wheels and you can help trim the trails as you wheel on through!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Mine is just in the rear door cargo net... but this thread just made me want to mount it somewhere cool, because I can!

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Nothing too fancy. Mounted on the rear door with a carabiner attached to the rear window shock and the machete case attached to the door with some heavy duty Velcro so it doesn't swing around.

The MACHETE I carry.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts