Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on a lift...Just ordered the Toytec coilovers and rear shocks and springs, Doug and Kirk from Toytec were alot of help.And quick to respond.

·
Registered
78 Posts
With so many people getting lifts the air is starting to get thin up here. Congrats

·
Registered
834 Posts
ya i waited awhile to lift mine and the second i did i was thinking to myself why did i wait so long i should of done this when i bought it.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Just did mine and it definately along with wheels and tires has the most impact on the looks of the FJ. Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
And the ride performance ain't that bad either. This is the way Toyota should have built them in the first place. But then I guess the soccer moms might twist an ankle getting out at the mall. LOL

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
Nice, I just ordered those today too, the price is definitly right. I'm already lifted with OME heavy but ai wanted something smoother. Looking forward to installing them soon.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Nice, I just ordered those today too, the price is definitly right. I'm already lifted with OME heavy but ai wanted something smoother. Looking forward to installing them soon.
Mike, are you using heavies all the way around?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Anybody received and installed yet? Impressions?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anybody received and installed yet? Impressions?
I have received and installed mine and i love it. Having the tires put on today and i can't wait to see how it looks with them. Haven't done any wheelin yet, but this weekend i'm headed home to see mom and i plan on hitting up the old gravel pits in my home town.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I got my Toytec 3" & 285 BFG's on 3000 miles ago & love it. The wife said no Mod'ing a brand new truck( lifting-blacking out- that sort of stuff). She did agree with getting new BFG's. I had the lift & tires put on basicly at the same time & told her the tires made the height difference. She's only 5'2" tall & it's a little hard for her to get in now but she like's it. I guess what you don't know-won't hurt you. What size & kind of rubber are you going to get?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I got my Toytec 3" & 285 BFG's on 3000 miles ago & love it. The wife said no Mod'ing a brand new truck( lifting-blacking out- that sort of stuff). She did agree with getting new BFG's. I had the lift & tires put on basicly at the same time & told her the tires made the height difference. She's only 5'2" tall & it's a little hard for her to get in now but she like's it. I guess what you don't know-won't hurt you. What size & kind of rubber are you going to get?
:lol: I still feel kinda guilty (I said KINDA...maybe a spa day for her will cure that, but now I really want that tube bumper from TRDsource!,so maybe a spa weekend)I am pretty sure I want 285's but am still searching on the type since I don't have a w-2 job anymore and don't need it as a daily driver. my choices are mo better..

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
I have the med OME lift springs but I dont wanna use OME shocks/struts. Anybody try the Bilstein C-513's in the front with OME springs (med)? Like, dislike?

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
I have the med OME lift springs but I dont wanna use OME shocks/struts. Anybody try the Bilstein C-513's in the front with OME springs (med)? Like, dislike?
Not sure that would make much of a difference at all except for shock color.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts