Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Not avery good pic. My camera skills are worse than my welding skills.:mecry:

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
They look very good, but I know exactly what you mean. For years I worked in research and had access to a full-blown research machine shop and the machinists and fabricators as well. If I needed a part or something special I'd just go down, locate the material and start fabricating. If I needed help, someone was always there (i.e. I took care of their electrical/electronic/computing needs). Now when I take off making/doing something it doesn't quite work that way.. Cheers.. Ron

Took me about two weeks. Bought the steel and did a little fabin. First time I've done something like this. Cost total about $200 for the material. Not sure what my times worth. Some would say not much. Would I do it again. Not in a gazillion years. Would have been easier to get Jason D. to make me a pair and ship them to me. I've learned my lesson or so my wife hopes.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yes thats the way it goes Ron. I got your pm. Look me up anytime you get to Canada.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Sounds like my diff lube change episode. I had hung my trouble light (old fashion type with metal bail) on the sway bar and hit it with the end of the breaker bar. The thing dropped right on my face, metal bail first. It mangled my glasses pretty well and burned the crap out of my cheek, but the glasses kept it out of my eye...LOL.. I sat at the workbench for awhile holding a cold beer to my face and looking at my two other trouble lights.. One cool LED and the other cool fluorescent.. DOH!.. Cheers.. Ron

Yes thats the way it goes Ron. I got your pm. Look me up anytime you get to Canada. I made one bad mistake when I made these. On the back bump out part I had them up too much. After I installed the passenger side I went to open the back suicide door and quess what. The door bottom black trim piece hits the top of the slider. The language that came out of me was not very nice. The wife came running out to the garage because she thought I'd dropped a slider on my face.:lol:Had to do a little surgery on both sliders.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Nice job on the sliders, they look great!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks pretty sweet, I like the way it kicks out in the back!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
they look real good

·
Registered
594 Posts
Very nice.
Did you have the same problem with the trim clearing the sliders?

·
Registered
31 Posts
no problems clearing the rear door ... there is not too much space though so if you bang hard enough to bend it on something you may potentially have problems with the door ... for now knock on wood nothing like that happened, and sliders sit nicely close to the body so they give max clearance

1 - 15 of 15 Posts