Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one year and 32K on my FJ I decided to go with regular instead of premium gas. I figured that the engine would not like it right away but to my surprise I have seen no difference in performance even while hauling a 16ft. trailer with a yard and a half dirt on it. Until I see diminishing returns on performance or MPG I plan on sticking with the cheap stuff. BTW, I am on my 4th tank of the crappy stuff.
:cheers:

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
I have run regular since I purchased my FJ with no ill effects. I've did several tests by running a tank of premium and then regular when driving the same routes with no difference in performance or mileage.

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
9,038 Posts
I have run regular since I purchased my FJ with no ill effects. I've did several tests by running a tank of premium and then regular when driving the same routes with no difference in performance or mileage.
x2

I've been running regular since last summer.

·
Registered
831 Posts
and all this time ive been running 93:mecry::mecry::mecry: i just filled up so on my next fill up ill try 87

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
I always have ran 87, there was only one time that I didn't, that was when I decided to try the 100 octane gas!:rocker:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Run 87 from day 1.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
6,956 Posts
If only Toyota hadn't put it on the fuel door to use premium only! I can't bring myself to buy the cheap stuff. I love her too much! :mecry:

I always select the highest grade available. Today it was 94, at the gas station I stopped at! That hurt the bank account, let me tell ya.

Did I mention I love my bicycle as well. Seems I'll be riding her more...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts