Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
the gordiegear looks like it will hold up very well, i have been searching for other soft roof tents specifically the water testing and have not found much besides the material rating for waterproofing.
I agree Amigo...that's why I was looking at Gordigear or Maggiolina.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very nice roof rack mounted 'tent'. I bet it's pretty sweet! It solves the only problem I have with the FJ- ya can't sleep in it! Only issue is you need a ladder to get in it.

I've found another solution- a henessey hammock! It packs down small, weighs 2 pounds, has a rain fly and mosquito net. I tie one end to the roof rack and the other to a tree/ rock/ preferably another FJ. And I don't have to get all the other gear off the roof rack- SUPs , surfboards, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Very nice roof rack mounted 'tent'. I bet it's pretty sweet! It solves the only problem I have with the FJ- ya can't sleep in it! Only issue is you need a ladder to get in it.

I've found another solution- a henessey hammock! It packs down small, weighs 2 pounds, has a rain fly and mosquito net. I tie one end to the roof rack and the other to a tree/ rock/ preferably another FJ. And I don't have to get all the other gear off the roof rack- SUPs , surfboards, etc.
Nice!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Installed the Fit Kit so my RTT tent could accommodate a rack. I plan on using a Thule Roof Rack Gutter Mount Foot Pack. I got the 'High' (8') size but it does not clear. I will switch to the 'Super High' (11') size. You will, per the instructions poke a hole through the liner.

I also have the latch issue which I will work on next. Currently I have thin piece of wood under the front of the RTT for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was able to resolve the latch issue by positioning the tent just so. Below is a picture of my test mount of the Thule Roof Rack Gutter Mount Foot Pack
Super High 11". I would say this is the proper size for my tent which is a Grand Tour Medium.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am using this to tighten the rtt down: TEKTON WRN77103 Extra Long Flex-Head Ratcheting Box End Wrench, 8 mm x 10 mm. I would purchase a power tool to faciliate. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Banned
5 Posts
The Maggiolina roof top tent is built on an internal subframe incorporating insulating foam and fiberglass sandwich construction. The subframe is so strong and light that these tents mount directly to standard roof rack cross bars xender discord omegle , such as Thule or Yakima. This insulated design keeps occupants warn and minimizes condensation under the mattress.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts