Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
You are welcome.

One guy over on Mud's site suggested putting the pan in the oven upside down as to avoid a sticky goo of polymerized oil.
They did not mention that in the instructions, but it may have helped.
I am ordering another omelet pan today, and will try it out next weekend without seasoning it.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure why I would bother seasoning a ceramic set, seems to be an unnecessary step for that type of cookware.

I am looking at adding a set of ceramic magma's for the trail, but I don't think I will be able to leave the dutch oven out of the mix. I have too many recipes and too much cooking/seasoning invested in it to not take it with. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You are welcome.

ATTENTION:

I heard back from Magma today, and they are taking out of the instructions to "season" them in the oven.
There is no need to do this.
So if you buy a set, DO NOT SEASON THEM!

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
For my troubles with the oil burning into the finish due to seasoning the pans when they did not need seasoning, Magma sent me a set of their pot holders to keep the pots from clanging into each other when packed away and your rig is moving.

These are very nice and come in a set of three, with large, medium, and small.
I have four pots not counting the saute pan which is the lid and the separate omelet pan, but as you can see from the pictures. you only need three of them.

Three stacked next to the set

All three laid out

All of them in the three biggest pots, still one pot left above the omelet pan, no need for one in it which you will see why in the next picture below

No need for one in the last pot since nothing resides inside of it

Omelet pan stacks on top of the two lids which stack on top of that smallest pan, and the saute pan on the right forms the lid over the whole set

One very nice set!

I do not believe these are yet shown on Magma's site, you will have to call or email them to find out how to order them.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts