Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Original msrp is $4,995.

You also have the option to buy the kit without the tuner for $4,595. The percentage discount is the same.

Pricing is 10% off MRSP and shipping is $65 for the lower 48. We need to get 10 people to get this price. Please pm if you can commit. Please specify which one you want.

If we get 15 people we can get 15% off.

If by some miracle we can get 20 people we can get 20% off!!!

Kit includes the supercharger, fitkit, and bully dog handheld tuner with the tune for the supercharger. Works on the 05-15 Tacoma 4.0L and the 07-09 FJ Cruiser. Two different fit kits, but same main supercharger unit.

TacomaWorld Members:

1. big_jarv
2. tacomavoyager (email address received)
3. crabslayer (email address received)
4. strattonje (email address received)
5. Voodoo Rufus (email address received)
6. keahi808 (email address received)
7. SonnyBones (email address received)
8. TacoCat (email address received)
9. Zscott (email address received)
10. yaapp (email address received)
11. gersus (Email address received)
12. Murphinator (email address received)
13. Mickey SGV (email address received)
14. Motozack (email address received)
15. lawless (email address received)
16. findingthingsout (email address received)
17. sawjai526 (email address received)
18. nizzm (email address received)
19. bledsoe3 (email address received)
20. Torid (email address received)
21. jberry813 (email address received)
22. Taterharry (email address received)
23. dirtsurfer (email address received)
24. elwhexicanel
25. Tbuzz (email address received)
26. coloradopacific
27. mudnrox (email address received)
28. norton (email address received)
29. henryp (email address received)
30. loginfailed (email address received)
31. bchncar (email address received)

Maybe
1. motozack
2. Norton
3. Bchncar
4. fatfurious2

20% list
1. yaapp
2. elwhexicanel
3. coloradopacific
4. gersus
5. Murphinator

FJ Cruiser Forum Members:

Maybe

20% list:
1. My bed
2. Trench
3. USA4X4

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Note that this Group Buy will be open until next Friday. The discount thresholds include the combined count of buyers from Tacoma World for their 4.0L Tacos and the count of buyers for their '07-09 4.0L FJs

TW is already at 10 people committed, + 3 maybes, and +3 more that have committed to jump in if they can make the 20 count/20% discount. So the 20% threshold is within reach.

I think it is a good deal and if you are considering a supercharger, you are not likely to see a better deal. I have been around this forum since 2009 and I dont believe I have seen this good of a deal for the SC, Fit Kit and the Tuner. You are also getting the benefit of the Tacoma World group buying power...which is also rare. So if you are going to do it now is the time.

I have no affiliation with Sparks Toyota or this group buy. My only involvement was to see if our FJ Forum members can be included in this group buy and Sparks and the TW people were gracious enough to include us.

10% discount (10 people) = $4,995 x 90% + $65 = $4,561
15% discount (15 people) = $4,995 x 85% + $65 = $4,311
20% discount (20 people) = $4,995 x 80% + $65 = $4,061

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a great deal for any owner that has a 07-09 FJ Cruiser and is looking to supercharge their vehicle. It comes with the Bully Dog handheld system which not only tunes the supercharger for the vehicle, but also provides a long list of other features. Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity!

·
Registered
134 Posts
No FJ owners out there wanting to join this? What am I missing?

·
トヨタ Master
7,976 Posts
I'd like to see how much power could be gained at high altitude. Many FJ & Tacoma owners live @5K feet or higher, and the lack of O2 is significant. There's a lot of debate over this:http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/engine-performance/108271-trd-supercharger-doesnt-give-you-power-you-would-expect.html Some real world numbers with altitude figured into the equation would help I think. Isn't there also a TRD module you can use with the supercharger instead of having to use an aftermarket controller?

Reactions: Thorn661

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I'd like to see how much power could be gained at high altitude. Many FJ & Tacoma owners live @5K feet or higher, and the lack of O2 is significant. There's a lot of debate over this:http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/engine-performance/108271-trd-supercharger-doesnt-give-you-power-you-would-expect.html Some real world numbers with altitude figured into the equation would help I think. Isn't there also a TRD module you can use with the supercharger instead of having to use an aftermarket controller?
I had my TRD supercharger + exhaust dyno'd in Ft. Collins (Lunstedt Automotive). The uncorrected numbers were about what you'd expect out of a 2010+ FJ at sea level. So, at altitude, the TRD supercharger takes you from "slow dog" to "what a newer FJ feels like at sea level". It's a pretty significant difference.

·
Premium Member
7,919 Posts
I have no doubts you guys will reach the 20 mark. It's only been a few days and most people wait till the end to commit (or ask their wives permission) anyway. :rofl: Unfortunately this time you will reach it without me. :crying

Isn't there also a TRD module you can use with the supercharger instead of having to use an aftermarket controller?
If you can even get the TRD flash, I won't do any good. I believe their are slight differences as pointed out in the T.W. thread. It won't work with the Magnuson S/C.

·
トヨタ Master
7,976 Posts
I had my TRD supercharger + exhaust dyno'd in Ft. Collins (Lunstedt Automotive). The uncorrected numbers were about what you'd expect out of a 2010+ FJ at sea level. So, at altitude, the TRD supercharger takes you from "slow dog" to "what a newer FJ feels like at sea level". It's a pretty significant difference.
Between My '10 FJ and my '14 TTUE, I really don't notice a huge amount of difference unless I'm down around Grand Canyon/Phoenix are, but I'm not sure it's $5K difference. My '15 Tacoma feels similar to the '14 FJ, but I think it's plenty of power personally. I'll probably regear the '10 at some point when I install the front locker, but I've never felt it was inadequate. What's the mileage loss with the S/C on yours normal driving?

Reactions: Thorn661

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Between My '10 FJ and my '14 TTUE, I really don't notice a huge amount of difference unless I'm down around Grand Canyon/Phoenix are, but I'm not sure it's $5K difference. My '15 Tacoma feels similar to the '14 FJ, but I think it's plenty of power personally. I'll probably regear the '10 at some point when I install the front locker, but I've never felt it was inadequate. What's the mileage loss with the S/C on yours normal driving?
The 2010 and 2014 should be identical in performance. If one has less power than the other then it probably has a subtle problem. This supercharger is for the 07-09 FJ (or your 2015 Tacoma). There is no decrease in MPG once your foot stops being heavy. In fact, probably a slight increase in MPG.

·
トヨタ Master
7,976 Posts
The 2010 and 2014 should be identical in performance. If one has less power than the other then it probably has a subtle problem. This supercharger is for the 07-09 FJ (or your 2015 Tacoma). There is no decrease in MPG once your foot stops being heavy. In fact, probably a slight increase in MPG.
Sorry, it's my old '07, the wife's DD, I sold the '10. I can't keep em straight anymore.:lol:

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Sorry, it's my old '07, the wife's DD, I sold the '10. I can't keep em straight anymore.:lol:
That makes more sense. If you are seriously considering a supercharger, I'd be happy to meet you at The Forks (off 287) this weekend and take you for a spin.

·
トヨタ Master
7,976 Posts
That makes more sense. If you are seriously considering a supercharger, I'd be happy to meet you at The Forks (off 287) this weekend and take you for a spin.
I'm busy as he!! tomorrow all day and Sunday afternoon, but maybe a.m. I'll be in Ft. Fun some time next week picking up a tranny too.

·
トヨタ Master
7,976 Posts
If I didn't know what Ft. Fun was, I'd probably interpret this statement a lot differently than you intended...
People from Laramie call Ft. Collins Fort Fun for some dumb reason I guess.:laugh

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,508 Posts
I'm busy as he!! tomorrow all day and Sunday afternoon, but maybe a.m. I'll be in Ft. Fun some time next week picking up a tranny too.

I didn't know you were into that. :worried::worried::worried::worried:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I am in when it reaches the 20%.
PM Sparks TRD and tell him you are in at 20%. There are a number of people like that. He and all the others on the list over at TW need to know you are in at 20% mark. They have 10 committed, 3 maybes and 3 in at 20% mark....

·
Registered
1,978 Posts

you might do some poking around URD to see if they have another module or controller. Sparks has offered to sell the SC without the bully dog tuner. URD offers the same thing as well...so presumably there are other tuners and controllers out there to be used.

I also linked to an overdrive URD SC pulley that is supposed to get you additional boost and should get you into boost mode at lower rpm that my be useful at high altitude.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/7930898-post71.html

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
you might do some poking around URD to see if they have another module or controller. Sparks has offered to sell the SC without the bully dog tuner. URD offers the same thing as well...so presumably there are other tuners and controllers out there to be used.

I also linked to an overdrive URD SC pulley that is supposed to get you additional boost and should get you into boost mode at lower rpm that my be useful at high altitude.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/7930898-post71.html
You can forgo the reflash/bully with a Unichip or UCONN. I suspect the only thing the reflash does is account for the larger injector size. Also, at altitude, don't even bother to install the shipped pulley. Get the smaller one from URD. Even with the smaller pulley you'll make nowhere near what a supercharged FJ will make at sea level so, it's perfectly safe.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts