Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Go it alone. My wife and I did it. Bring a lunch. It is really easy. Watch out for bikers.

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Maybe I'm out of the "In the Know" loop, but isn't Main Divide and associated trails still closed?

A.W.D.
Part (southern area) of it is open. You can enter it from the top of Ortega Highway, and head north. You'll hit the Y where Main Divide heads up to the peak, and that gate (to the peak) is closed. The other gate that goes down to Indian Truck Trail is open.

So, you can spend a couple hours, go across Main Divide, down ITT, then back up and out. OR, once at the end of Indian Truck Trail, you can jump on the 15 and head out wherever you want.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Part (southern area) of it is open. You can enter it from the top of Ortega Highway, and head north. You'll hit the Y where Main Divide heads up to the peak, and that gate (to the peak) is closed. The other gate that goes down to Indian Truck Trail is open.

So, you can spend a couple hours, go across Main Divide, down ITT, then back up and out. OR, once at the end of Indian Truck Trail, you can jump on the 15 and head out wherever you want.
Good to know, thank you...

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Where is this, and how do I get there from Pasadena/San Gabriel area?

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
I might go, but I dont have the fj right now... I have a chevy colorado rental that is fun and fast. and its 2wd, but I am pretty sure I will be more than ok :)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
gonna have to rain check this one. Maybe next time. Wish I could be there. :mecry:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts