Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Finished the plumbing and pressure tested the system.
Now just need to install the electronic drain valve (water purge for tank), and fabricate the skids.
Also installed a 2.5lb Halguard extinguisher in front of the passenger rear seat, very easy to reach from the drivers seat with a seatbelt still on.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Joined NAC for a ride in NH this weekend and had a blast. Added a little trail damage, broke the aluminum front bumper, and put the skids to work. Definitely need to start switching things over to steel for the kind of terrain we mostly see up here.

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Great idea on the location of fire extinguisher! Looks like you found some good wheeling in NH - what’s the NAC?
NH is great for wheeling, literally hundreds of class VI roads out there, some can be pretty challenging.

NAC is Northeast Adventure Company, a local group that hosts organized trail runs and camping events. Great group of guys.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
My Icon's were long overdue for a rebuild with over 40k miles on them, but lack of sparetime/downtime kept preventing me from getting around to it. Finally I just went ahead and ordered another set of the same 2.5" Ext travel w/ CDCV for the front to swap in. The yarrived today, so I'll be swapping the new ones on in the next few days, as well as chopping up the Icon UCA's to add heim joint with a higher caster offset so I can run 5 or 6 degrees of caster, as well as a little more negative camber, and also rid myself of the eccentric bolts that never want to stay in place and run larger through bolts.

If anybody is looking for a used set of Icons to rebuild (that come w/ new 650lb springs, and upper/lower mount bearings and clips)... I can help.

Gratuitous new coilovers in a box pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Been a while... I plan to sort through pics of the various trips I've been on the last few months, including another 4 day trip last month back to Canada to explore more of the Bay of Fundy.

Recently cut up my Icon UCA's to replace those shitty poly bushings with sealed rod ends and boots, and also to give myself more caster and camber adjustment options.

Also, finally received the Goose Gear platform I ordered late summer, unfortunately it arrived the day we got back from Canada, so I have not been able to get out and actually test out how much more comfortable is to sleep in there now. But the extra storage is great so far.

Just a couple pics from Canada:

61 - 75 of 75 Posts