Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Make a convertible

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  FJCcrawler 
#1 ·
I know for a fact I am not alone on this desire.

There is something about going Off Road or even on pavement with no roof that is very enjoyable. Perhaps its the sense of freedom. Jeep knows this full well. That is why the Wrangler sells so much and holds its value so well. A Convertible 4x4 is the ultimate in freedom. With the addition of the Four Door Wrangler, more and more people are buying Jeeps. I myself have looked heavily at one. But there is one problem, its not a Toyota.

The FJ Convertible would be Toyota's answer to the four door JK. The JK outells the Wrangler currently. Its not because it looks better, is better built, or is more comfortable. Its because it is a convertible. As the Wrangler and FJ are big rivals, making the FJ a convertible is not only a rational move, but a smart one.

I guaranty you the day an FJ convertible is made into a production vehicle and is sold by my dealer, I will be at Toyota buying one. I'm sure many people on this forum feel the same way.

#3 ·
i totally agree, thats the only thing that i miss from my jk rubi if they made a drop top i would go trade tommrrow.

#6 ·
That would be nice if they did decide to go back to their old roots and put a removable top on the FJC.:rocker:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.