Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cheers:
So i bought a 2010 TT SE a month ago and am still trying to explore all of its capabilities. As i was at the dealership waiting to drive out, one of the salesman was talking about how if you press, this button, put the gear in that way, and press this button, the car will litterally hop around and almost crawl. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Logic tells me it has to do with A-trak, Locking Rear Differential, and probably 2L. Didnt seem to do anything special though...

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
17,639 Posts
Usually you don't want your vehicle hopping around especially with your rear dif locked. Sounds like he was refering to 4Lo and the abillity to use A-Trac or your rear locker. However, at the same time it sounds like he was giving you the a sales pitch for the 4Runner Trail Edition which has crawl control (a button) - FJ does not have this.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
So i bought a 2010 TT SE a month ago and am still trying to explore all of its capabilities. As i was at the dealership waiting to drive out, one of the salesman was talking about how if you press, this button, put the gear in that way, and press this button, the car will litterally hop around and almost crawl. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Logic tells me it has to do with A-trak, Locking Rear Differential, and probably 2L. Didnt seem to do anything special though...

Anyone?

Sales people are idiots... don't even listen to what this jerkoff said. READ the manual.

Read this... http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/transmissions-transfer-cases-traction-aids/6254-making-sense-trac-auto-lsd-atrac-vsc-rear-diff-lock.html

Do some more reasearch on how to use 4x4. Get the FJ brochure from the dealership. Join a 4x4 club if you are interested. Do not put your vehicle in 4wd until you undertand what you are doing. Read and search this site. If you have exhausted all of the information. Then ask questions that haven't been asked before. You will get good answers.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Does anyone read owner manuals any more?

Its amazing what information you fnd in them.

·
Registered
111 Posts

Anyone?

Hop around and almost crawl? If you have a manual trans, put the transmission in 1st gear, put the transfer case in LL, set the parking brake at about half way, hit the clutch override button, and then turn the key... LOL, that's the only way I can think of to make my FJ hop-crawl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts